This hotel was better than expected. We were surprised by the large size of the room. As promised, the location is right on the beach, and that section of the beach wasn't crowded when we were there. The restaurant/bar is great. Check-in/Check-out was easy. We had a late check-in and it went smoothly. They also gave us an extra hour to check-out on Sunday so we could extend the surf time a little longer. The only downside to this place was the airconditioner in the room. It kept the living area very cool, but the bedroom section didn't get as cool because there is a dividing wall. A ceiling fan helped, but the difference in temp was noticable. Front office staff was friendly and helpful and the housekeeper was EXCELLENT. Take beach towels with you or be prepared to buy some as souvenirs because the hotel didn't offer any. Summary: We had a relaxing beach weekend here, and we would stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the white sand beaches of South Padre Island, The Palms Resort is a relaxing oasis boasting beach front access, stylish, comfortable accommodations, and friendly, attentive service. Our resort offers guests the personal service of an intimate boutique hotel with the modern amenities of larger business hotels. Our award winning beachside retaurant (The Cafe on the Beach) is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Start your day with Eggs Benedict and a mimosa. End your day with steak and lobster and a fine wine. Enjoy mojitos poolside from our full service bar! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel South Padre Island
- Palms Hotel South Padre Island
- Palms South Padre Island
- The Palms Resort South Padre Island, Texas