“Really nice park at southern most tip of Texas”
Review of Isla Blanca Park

Isla Blanca Park
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Plenty of RV spaces yet we were just day tripping, large clean beach area and fairly nice bathrooms.
There were food vendors available and all areas were handicap accessible.
Cost is four dollars for all day or you can buy season passes

1  Thank allaboutpadre
"full hookups"
in 7 reviews
"chairs and umbrellas"
in 5 reviews
"best beach on the island"
"monthly pass"
"soft sand"
"entrance fee"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 29 September 2011

My husband and I bicycled through the park, stopped to look for stingrays near the boat-launch, watched families play on the beach, fishermen on the jetties, stopped for lunch at Pier 19 and headed back to our Condo at the Embassy. SPI is a great place to bicycle! Cheap thrills.

4  Thank Birdbet
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We have gone to South Padre Island in January every year for the past 10 years. In the past we've stayed at a hotel or rented a condo. However, last January, we borrowed a travel trailer and stayed in an RV in Isla Blanca Park at the southern tip of the island. I don't think I'd do it again. Rent doesn't include cable or internet so by the time we included those costs, it would have been less expensive to rent a condo. The green stuff on the ground is NOT grass. Instead, it's some sort of plants with sharp bristles that dig into your skin. We took our dog and had to either carry him to the blacktop street or spend 30 minutes picking the prickly balls out between the pads on his feet. You can't hand towels outside to dry without a special rack and we were told if we left anything on the ground on grass cutting day, we'd have to cut the grass ourselves because they don't move lawn furniture. Very unfriendly service! Cable never did work right but although we asked to have it fixed - no one every showed up. Oh - no heat in women's shower house. Usually not a problem but it was a little cool a couple days.

8  Thank Bunnyzed
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Thanks to the Surfrider Foundation for making waves in helping to get this park clean. I know for the past few months they have had beach clean ups since there are a lot of visitors who don't understand what it takes to keep our beaches clean. Even to get the whole island to be plastic bag free has been awesome to see. Now the sea turtles will have a less of a chance of dying from eating a plastic bag. Can't wait to come back to this park! :)

2  Thank kmstennis
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 July 2011

or lack of. . . upon reading all the bad reviews I decided to go and check out the park. I wanted to look at everything with my own eyes before I take my family and friends on a weekend get away and not turn into a weekend nightmare like most everyone has posted. Needless to say I did not get very far. I told the guard at the gate that I would like about 10-15 minutes to take a quick look at the park and the cabanas. His only words were "It's $4.00 to get in" I again explained that I was not there for anything other than to take a quick trip around and see restrooms, cabanas, etc. . . again. . . "it's $4.00" So rather than loose $4.00 to gain at least $100.00 he would not let me in. Keep in mind, its not the $4.00 fee, its the way the guard acted, rude and condescending It's a shame. No wonder this park is getting terrible reviews. I wasnt even in when the bad service began. Again, what a shame.

6  Thank Charlie-Cvz