“Great beach and fun in the sun”
Review of Isla Blanca Park

Isla Blanca Park
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great beach and fun in the sun”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We went to the beach for morning surf time as my wife's MS does not tolerate heat for long. We got to enjoy our granddaughters surfing and water boarding. We got to walk on the beach for shell hunting.

2 Thank Pathfinderdon

San Antonio, Texas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Best beach on the Island”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Everytime my wife and I visit the Island this is the beach we go to. If you go early enough you can watch the surfers which we both enjoy. The water is warm and there is always plenty of shells, if you like finding shells. There is always plenty of parking. If you are walking barefoot in the sand I do not recommend it. The sand gets very hot and burns the bottom of your feet. This park does have a restroom area, but you can not grill and there is not a restaurant near. There is a very small snack bar.

Visited August 2014
4 Thank wendyjuanes
Mission, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Isla Blanca Park SPI, TX”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Campground with RV hookups, beach, ocean waves, great restaurants in the area and other attractions. Just enjoy relaxing on the beach!

Visited August 2014
5 Thank Debm1018
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Perfect”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is our favorite spot on the beach. They have a deck with picnic tables so you wont be in the sun and restrooms and showers. With a concession stand in case you forget anything.

2 Thank Rick G
Chicago, Illinois
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Decent beach”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I spent an entire Sunday on the beach at Isla Blanca park in mid-July. I can't speak to the RV parking or anything else - just the beach.

It was $5 to get into the park, which is immediately off to your right when you get off the causeway onto the island. I arrived at about 10:45 a.m. and got one of the last parking spaces. The beach was already packed by that time, and there weren't many chairs and umbrellas left for rent. The guy who was working the rental window was pretty rude and acted like I was a complete idiot, so that left me a little sour (but definitely couldn't ruin my beach day!)

The sand is nice, pretty clean, and mostly clear of seaweed. I didn't see any trash laying around. The water was nice - refreshingly cool, but the waves were pretty big. The beach itself was very nice, although the humidity obscures the bright colors of the sky and water and makes the view pretty hazy. There were a LOT of people there, and my umbrella was immediately between two other families' - I had been hoping for some space and some peace and quiet, but not so much. There were many, many kids running around as well, so obviously it's a good beach destination for a family.

Overall, not a bad beach to visit. Nothing fancy, but enjoyable when you're in the area.

3 Thank Sarah Z