“Anniversary family trip”

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Pharr, Texas
“Anniversary family trip”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I was just there this weekend, April 27 thru 29. This hotel is one of the older hotels at south padre, I had never stayed here, and after reading the reviews I was a bit concerned. But Im happy to report that it was not at all what I expected, yes the hotel fittings and appliances are old, no LCD here, but why do you go to the beach, to watch TV? the room is spacious, clean and fresh, I have stayed on newer hotels where there is a musky smell for the humidity, not here. I did not saw any bugs on the hotel or the room, which is always a good sign. The hotel has an excellent location, right at the beach. It has a fully equipped kitchen. One more thing I loved was the balcony, most hotels have open railings which was concern for me with two toddlers, not here, it is a completely closed railing, with a view to the ocean. If I have to be picky, definitely bring your own pillow, but that is me I cant sleep without my own. In conclusion, this is not a hotel to impress or brag about, but it is in an excellent location, clean, well maintained budget hotel. I will definitely return here, and can safely recommend to my family and friends.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Mario M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Before you book this hotel decide what you want from your vacation. If you enjoy instant access to unbelievable ocean views and to the beach, without breaking the bank this is the place for you! The best time to stay here is off season. The staff is polite and go out of their way to accommodate you. This is the second year we have come done here, and we knew before we booked our airfare we wanted to stay here!

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank shermansbeach
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2011

STOP!!!! DON'T STAY IN THIS AWFUL HOTEL...We asked to see the room before check-in and the room was old, it stunk. Everything was old; carpet, etc. My husband was not going to stay in such a nasty room. She still charged us $136.00, even though we called and asked not to stay in that room...it was their policy.

Room Tip: Renovate...the whole building is old, old, old and stinky
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank dianaga51

Travellers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We arrived around 11 pm the Friday of July4th weekend. Family of 4 with two boys ages 10 and 9. Our room had several issues. By the following morning we realized there was no hot water, the patio door would not open and there was something wrong with the humidity in the room (beyond normal for the beach) as the floor was visibly wet, towels damp etc. We requested another room and were accomodated with another room without any problems. The next room was perfect. The hotel is older, clean and the employees were responsive. The location is right on the beach. The pool and spa area was great. Lobby area has a microwave (as there is not one in the room), coffee, screen tv, couches, pool table, and many tables and chairs that allow you to watch out of the pool. Walking distance to CVS, Denny's and other eateries, shopping. Each room has a kitchenette with basic dishes for 4, pots\pans, dishwasher detergent,silverware. It was reallly a great vacation and we saved tons of money eating in our room. We will likely opt for the larger room next time. It was a bit small for the four of us.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank TexasBOB35
Lolita, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This Motel seems to be an older hotel...but we had no complaints at all! We were right in the middle of all attractions. It was the best place for the money. We could walk to beach and kids had a blast in the pool and hot tub! We will stay here if return to South Padre again!

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the ocean!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank carol50_10
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I was very scared after reading all the reviews people put on here. But when we got there we were treated nicely they gave us lots of free samples of things left from spring break like shampoo and stuff. The rooms were nice yes this is a old hotel and you can tell that its not fancy at all. Our room had a kitchen in it and a bed and pull out couch all very nice and clean. The location was excellent couldwalk up the street to where the shops were or right in front of the hotel was a stop for the wave the island free buses. I really enjoyed tge view of the ocean from our room. I have nothing bad to say about this place. If you are looking for a fancy place than this isnt your place if you want to go relax with family at a great price then this is the place. I wouldstay there again next time we go.

• Stayed April 2011