“Winter Texans” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Padre South Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Padre South Hotel
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Galion, Ohio
“Winter Texans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

We have stayed at this hotel for eight times for up to 2 months at a time. We always stay at a 2 bedroom suite which has 3 balconies a living room, dining area full kitchen and 2 full baths and 2 TVs 21/2 walls are glass from floor to ceiling with a beautiful view of the gulf. The staff will turn over back ward to make your stay as comfortable There is a very large hot tub but is hard to use on weekends when families arrive. The pool is NOT heated, about the only thing that is bad. The lounge has a big screen TV and very comfortable seating. The hotel is one of the oldest on the island but is kept up very well. They have 3 elevators to service the 8 floors of guests. It is right on the beach and has direct access to it.

Room Tip: The south side has views of the gulf and harbor. The north side has views of the gulf and the long b...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RobertShroyer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Padre South is a great place to stay at during Spring Break. It has it's own private beach access too. The only issue is the extremely strict rules. They make you wear wrist bands during your entire stay to indicate that you're a guest at the hotel. Getting guests to come over is a ginormous hassle. But in all, it's an understandable precaution as people tend to misuse their freedom during Spring Break and have people stay with them for free. In all, great hotel but very strict.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel got a amazing view of the beach from any room in the hotel. I've love staying here and I enjoy the friendly staff and amazing sunrise from my room. It has a wonderful pool and private access to the beach.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Berlin, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife and I had a good 2 night stay here. Third floor, kitchenette, queen bed, sofa sleeper. The hotel is old. Some would call it a classic. I do like the 1950 and 1960 styling of this place. Everything was functional. Everything was clean. Did not use the pool or hot tub. But they we in use frequently while we were there. The friendly staff let us check in early. Check out was a breeze too.
If you need fancy, go some where else. I highly recommend this hotel as a good value for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd number room. The sunrise can be seen from your balcony. The free fireworks too.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rowlett, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Awful, terrible and disgusting is all I have to say about this hotel. Do you really want to visit mexico without going to mexico. Do you like out of date rooms, overcharged, tacky, motel 6 type rooms! Well Padre South is your kind of hotel! This was the worst experience I have had staying at hotels in the last 6 years. The only reason I stayed here was because it was non-refundable! Oh did i forget to mention the wifi doesn't even work! Your welcome because if you booked this hotel after reading my review, all i have to say is that I told you so!

Room Tip: Not stay here!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank agoad

Travellers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Booked one queen bed, got two fulls instead due to their mistake...mgmt. offered no remedy or discount. The room and hotel for that matter smelled of mold. Pool was filthy and parking was a pain. The customer service personnel were inept and not helpful. Not worth the $$$- book elsewhere

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank firedragon3d
fw
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I arrived with 3 bathing suits. On the first morning I couldn't decide whether to wear my red or blue one. I wore my red one and left my blue, and black one in the room.
When we returned at night I was planning for the next day and thought I'd gone crazy because I couldn't find my blue swimsuit...I blamed my own absentmindness so I didn't say anything, thinking maybe I really was crazy and never had the other 2. By the time we returned home I looked and looked and didn't find my suits anywhere. CRAZY PEOPLE!! SO CHEAP to steal someones used bathing suits. HORRIBLE!! We didn't go anywhere else...I feel violated that they went through our stuff! I didn't notice anything else missing but we will NEVER stay there again!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple