“Credit Card Fraud”

La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island
Austin, Texas
“Credit Card Fraud”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I want to begin by stating that my stay at this hotel was great. I stayed in a suite and furniture was a little outdated, but the staff was awesome and I have no complaints about my stay. My complaint is what happened after I left something at the hotel and asked for it to be sent to me. I will never do this again. And to be fair, I am not sure if it was hotel staff or vendor the hotel uses, but I called General Manager for the hotel after what happened and never received a call back. I called twice and never got a response. But when you leave something they can send it to you via a shipping service they use. SOS Shipping services. You provide your CC number to the hotel staff they in turn provide it to the shipping vendor. One of those staff at one of those places decided to use my CC for purchases for themselves. Luckily I was able to stop it as soon as I found out about it and cancelled my CC, but that experience alone left me with negative feelings about this hotel and the vendors they choose to use. When there we met many people who are there for weeks and the only thing I hope for them is that they never make the mistake I have made. I am very careful with my personal information, but my experience there was a good one that I never felt I could not trust the staff, but now I know this was a mistake.

Room Tip: If you want a great ocean view, choose a suite on the second level or above. We were on the first fl...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank water-vacationer
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Greetings,

We apologize for the credit card issues you have experienced after your stay with us. We’re aware of the importance of protecting guest’s personal information and enforce it daily. However, it’s unfortunate your credit card information had reached the wrong hands. This is unacceptable to our standards and an embarrassment to the hotel. We will investigate this incident and if it happened to be one of our staff members, I can assure you the appropriate consequence will be taken.

Despite the credit card issue, we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. However, please don’t let this incident ruin your perception of our hotel. If you gave us another shot, we’ll guarantee a much smoother post transaction.

Aaron R.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel is right on the beach next to Clayton's Bar and Grill (which always has live music). We loved lounging on the chairs provided on the deck that overlooks the ocean. The room was spacious and clean. We had a patio with chairs that overlooked the hotel next to us. We got a Jacuzzi suite and it came in handy to warm us up as the night was rather cool. The swimming pool was under construction, which was fine because the weather did not lend itself for swimming. I would stay here again. The only bad thing was the parking.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the first floor, it can be a bit loud.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for recently recommending our business and for sharing with the online consumer community your positive experience. We’re happy you loved our location, our deck chairs, and your Jacuzzi suite. Thank you for choosing us and we will look forward to your next visit.

Mankato, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The proper name should be " doggy hotel". Because there is no fee for pets there are 2-3 pets in a small room at times which leads to excess barking when left in rooms w/o owners. There is no available exercise area so many are allowed to eliminate in front of hotel or where you park your cars which does lead to tracking residue on to ones car floor matts. There are many responsible pet owners who stay there but with that many pets (75 or more during year end holidays) it does create a problem for many hotel residents. LaQuinta needs to change their policy and charge a fee to have multiple pets at the hotels. The furniture in the rooms are badly outdated especialy the soafa beds that sink to the floor when you sit on it. Hot tub and pool na due to contruction.
The staff was all ways very helpfull and friendly.

Room Tip: South side has no view but has sunshine,north side has view but no sunshine.More pets on first floor...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JackMn66
Greeting Jack,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience staying at the La Quinta on South Padre Island. We’re glad you loved our location and the friendliness of your staff members. On the other hand, we apologize for the multiple pet issue that created an inconvenience for you and your spouse. We will look into this issue and consider your recommendation. We hope to see you the next time and ensure you a better enhanced hotel experience.

Brownsville, Texas
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I just wanted to say that I'm really happy with the customer service at La Quinta Inn in South Padre Island because they were all very friendly and helpful. Especially an employee named Vanessa. She went the extra mile to give me the best rates. She was very helpful and friendly as well. I was a happy camper!! Definitely, thinking about having my second vacation in their hotel. Totally recommend it!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Liz G
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Hello Liz,

Thank you for leaving such kind and courteous feedback about your recent stay at La Quinta Inn South Padre Island. We are pleased you loved everything including our staff especially Vanessa. She is a grade A employee who we’re honored to have her part of our team. We appreciate all your kind compliments and hope to see you during your second vacation.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Awesome place for beach location - closest with great access.
Pool and hot tub was being renovated while there - was not notified that this was happening at the time our reservations were being made. Was able to use the Hilton Garden Inn next door - neither was heated.
Great breakfast available - could have had a few more choices for cereal.
Overall a great stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Doris B
Greetings,

We appreciate you thinking about us and writing this wonderful review. We’re delighted to read you and your family loved our location and our grand breakfast. Also, our pool is now fully renovated and complete. Overall, we’re glad you and your family enjoyed your stay at La Quinta South Padre Island. Please come see us again!

Chillicothe, Missouri
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Very satisfied with everything. Super clean facility. Friendly staff. Cheaper weekly rate was offered at checkin saving us hundreds. Great free breakfast. Hotel is right on the beach. Pool under construction so we had total access to Hilton's pool and hot tub right outside our balcony. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a great deal and well above average accommodations.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Willie,

We’re overjoyed by reading your outstanding review of the La Quinta on SPI. We’re glad you enjoyed our staff, free breakfast, location, and cleanliness of our hotel. Also, our pool is now fully renovated and complete ready for use. Thank you for taking time out of your day to write about your experience at La Quinta. We appreciate you choosing us and hope we have demonstrated more reasons to book with us next time.

Best Regards,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Hotel was at full capacity--Snow Bird Season is on, although we were not part of the pack. Front desk check -in was slow, but everything in the room was in order. Nice little mini-fridge and microwave, coffee maker in room. Rooms and bathroom clean, daily housekeeping service very good. Our "view" was the roof of Clayton's Beach Bar next door, but we didn't pay for an ocean view. ( Clayton's, by the way, rocks late afternoon - early evening with superb entertainment and is a great time if you are so inclined)

Deck, pool and terrace very nice, also a nice touch is the happy-hour free drink daily each guest receives. Good beach access at end of terrace - stairs only - no handicap ramp. Noted here because I was in (temporary) need on travel dates.

Breakfast items very good, large section and availability, friendly staff, but get there early-- seats are limited. ( They did open extra room on request for overflow) Temperature in breakfast seemed warm every day, but maybe because so many people at one time.

My only complaint is that the internet service/connection is unreliable at best, but on a beach get-away who is working?? A bit annoying when trying to keep in touch or look things up online.

Room Tip: All I can say is Room 238 has zero view, BUT it is very close to the pool/beach entrance. ( via elev...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Greetings Janice,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay at La Quinta South Padre Island. We’re thrilled you loved your stay enjoying everything from our large breakfast to the deck by the pool! Also, we have taken care of the unreliable internet you were experiencing and have fixed the problem. Now the internet is faster than ever. Thank you for selecting La Quinta to stay with on South Padre Island and please come and visit us again.