“No hot tub, noisy spring breakers”

La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Staff should be more honest, as should the hotel's website that there is NO HOT TUB anymore. We saw on-line that it was being redone, I called to confirm (otherwise, I was going to cancel and book a different hotel WITH a hot tub), but the staff only told me that the pool was done...did not mention that the hot tub was gone. Also, the spring breakers should have the noise policy enforced. Nothing like being awake at 3:00 AM when they decide to drag their drunken selves back in.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Kimberly B
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Kimberly,

We apologize about renovating the hot tub during your stay. We understand this can be a big letdown for guest but fortunately the Hilton (located next door) allowed our guests to use their hot tub while ours was being remodeled. However, now the hot tub and pool renovations are complete and ready for use.

During Spring Break, nights can be a hectic for anyone on South Padre Island but this is not excuse and you should have had nothing but a good night’s sleep. Overall, we hope you and your family were still able to enjoy your stay in South Padre Island. The next time you visit, please give us another shot and allow us to prove ourselves. You’ll be happy you did!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,339)

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The only hotel I will stay in very clean and friendly staff. But needs to bring back the hot tub. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Soft beds and stayed during spring break and the security guards made sure it was quiet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Hello,

Thank you for writing this wonderful review! We’re happy you and your family had an awesome stay with us. We appreciate you choosing and recommending. We’ll look forward to the next time you’re in SPI!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed for two weeks at the La Quinta in South Padres and were very pleased with the facility overall. For us, it was a perfect choice. We had easy access to walk on the beach. The rooms and public areas were very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The beachfront area was wonderful except that the pool was undergoing construction and the jackhammers, etc were very noisy. We had paid for a gulf front room but did not get to use our balcony much due to the noise and dust from the jackhammers. The management seems to be constantly working to keep up the facility and were in the process of installing granite tops to the tables in each of the rooms. The bathroom, while clean, could use a little of this updating. Overall, we were pleased with our stay and would come back to this La Quinta.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tskuziej

Dear guest,

We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay with us. We are charmed you had a great 2 week stay in SPI enjoying our beach access, pool area and most of all, our staff. However, we are sorry about the noise and dust from the jackhammers but can assure you now all construction is complete. Overall, we are overjoyed you had an awesome time with us and thank you for choosing the La Quinta South Padre Island.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I want to begin by stating that my stay at this hotel was great. I stayed in a suite and furniture was a little outdated, but the staff was awesome and I have no complaints about my stay. My complaint is what happened after I left something at the hotel and asked for it to be sent to me. I will never do this again. And to be fair, I am not sure if it was hotel staff or vendor the hotel uses, but I called General Manager for the hotel after what happened and never received a call back. I called twice and never got a response. But when you leave something they can send it to you via a shipping service they use. SOS Shipping services. You provide your CC number to the hotel staff they in turn provide it to the shipping vendor. One of those staff at one of those places decided to use my CC for purchases for themselves. Luckily I was able to stop it as soon as I found out about it and cancelled my CC, but that experience alone left me with negative feelings about this hotel and the vendors they choose to use. When there we met many people who are there for weeks and the only thing I hope for them is that they never make the mistake I have made. I am very careful with my personal information, but my experience there was a good one that I never felt I could not trust the staff, but now I know this was a mistake.

Room Tip: If you want a great ocean view, choose a suite on the second level or above. We were on the first fl...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank water-vacationer
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Greetings,

We apologize for the credit card issues you have experienced after your stay with us. We’re aware of the importance of protecting guest’s personal information and enforce it daily. However, it’s unfortunate your credit card information had reached the wrong hands. This is unacceptable to our standards and an embarrassment to the hotel. We will investigate this incident and if it happened to be one of our staff members, I can assure you the appropriate consequence will be taken.

Despite the credit card issue, we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. However, please don’t let this incident ruin your perception of our hotel. If you gave us another shot, we’ll guarantee a much smoother post transaction.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel is right on the beach next to Clayton's Bar and Grill (which always has live music). We loved lounging on the chairs provided on the deck that overlooks the ocean. The room was spacious and clean. We had a patio with chairs that overlooked the hotel next to us. We got a Jacuzzi suite and it came in handy to warm us up as the night was rather cool. The swimming pool was under construction, which was fine because the weather did not lend itself for swimming. I would stay here again. The only bad thing was the parking.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the first floor, it can be a bit loud.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for recently recommending our business and for sharing with the online consumer community your positive experience. We’re happy you loved our location, our deck chairs, and your Jacuzzi suite. Thank you for choosing us and we will look forward to your next visit.

Best,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The proper name should be " doggy hotel". Because there is no fee for pets there are 2-3 pets in a small room at times which leads to excess barking when left in rooms w/o owners. There is no available exercise area so many are allowed to eliminate in front of hotel or where you park your cars which does lead to tracking residue on to ones car floor matts. There are many responsible pet owners who stay there but with that many pets (75 or more during year end holidays) it does create a problem for many hotel residents. LaQuinta needs to change their policy and charge a fee to have multiple pets at the hotels. The furniture in the rooms are badly outdated especialy the soafa beds that sink to the floor when you sit on it. Hot tub and pool na due to contruction.
The staff was all ways very helpfull and friendly.

Room Tip: South side has no view but has sunshine,north side has view but no sunshine.More pets on first floor...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JackMn66

Greeting Jack,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience staying at the La Quinta on South Padre Island. We’re glad you loved our location and the friendliness of your staff members. On the other hand, we apologize for the multiple pet issue that created an inconvenience for you and your spouse. We will look into this issue and consider your recommendation. We hope to see you the next time and ensure you a better enhanced hotel experience.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I just wanted to say that I'm really happy with the customer service at La Quinta Inn in South Padre Island because they were all very friendly and helpful. Especially an employee named Vanessa. She went the extra mile to give me the best rates. She was very helpful and friendly as well. I was a happy camper!! Definitely, thinking about having my second vacation in their hotel. Totally recommend it!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Liz G
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Hello Liz,

Thank you for leaving such kind and courteous feedback about your recent stay at La Quinta Inn South Padre Island. We are pleased you loved everything including our staff especially Vanessa. She is a grade A employee who we’re honored to have her part of our team. We appreciate all your kind compliments and hope to see you during your second vacation.

Best,