“Excellent Service”

La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island
Olthe, United States
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The staff at this location was very curtious and provided us with Excellent Customer Service during our stay. It would have been nice to not have to rent beach chairs in order to sit on the beach, but the hotel was generous with the use of their beach towels. They even had a server on the beach to assist with snack orders. The continential breakfast was one of the best that I've ever experienced at a hotel, with a large varity to choose from. The rooms were clean and the beds/pillows were very comfortable. Plus, this location located directly across the street from Sea Turtle Inc and right next door to Clayton's Bar & Grill, which provided lots of nightly entertainment without us having to leave our hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear guest,

It’s been a great pleasure having you stay with us! We are delighted you had an absolutely wonderful stay loving everything from our staff to our food. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I had a great time with my family. The staff was very courteous and helpful. I love the access to the beach. I couldn't find a parking space but one of the staff gave up his spot so we wouldn't have to walk far. Parkin can be a little touhh, but with help like this, it's worth it. Overall we had a neat time and would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2014
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this review, 8 October 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your valued feedback of your recent stay with us. We’re delighted you loved your stay overall. Thank you for selecting us to stay with and we’re happy to hear you will visit us again the next time you’re in SPI.
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Not a spectacular room for the price, you are more paying for the beach front location. The room was nice enough, view was great. Clean, updated and comfortable but on the older side. Pool bar/grill was good value and convenient, the pool itself is smaller than some I've seen in a backyard-no kidding. Don't plan on swimming but there are plenty of chairs to lounge on and of course the ocean right there. Breakfast was good. Staff had a hard time keeping up so it was hit or miss on some items if you arrived a bit late. Never waited in the omelet line, but they did have scrambled eggs with ham or sausage along with all the usual. I would stay here again just for the location, I would stay next door for the hot tub and pool.

1 Thank robinb191
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this review, 11 August 2016
Dear guest,

Thank you for the flattering review of our hotel! We couldn't begin to say thank you enough for allowing us to be your host hotel. We know you have many options for where to stay in South Padre Island, and we are glad that you found our staff as enjoyable and supportive as you did. Thank you again, and we'll be seeing you again soon!
laredo, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The room was not ready by the check in time. we had to wait 30 minutes after the check in time. The room was not cleaned everyday. We looked forward to a clean room on a daily basis. We had to ask for that service. All we got was fresh towels.

Grand prairie
Reviewed 19 July 2014

For starters during my check-in the front desk girl was rude, didn't get her name but she was a pregnant one (not being rude just pointing out). She told me no rooms were available, to come back in about an hour, came back past an hour, I went up to her because she knew my situation. She didn't talk to me, she called somebody on the walkie talkie so I assumed she was helping me, another front desk girl, which was very nice. She had ask if anybody has helped me and I said yes, she is calling the cleaning crew to see if they were done. The rude front desk girl said no I am not helping them and step back to the back counter and started talking to another front desk agent. I was not happy for first starters. Finally we got up to our room, everything seemed nice, but the restroom floor and shower had hair from pervious visitors, gross. Our room phones did not work. We stayed from July 14 - July 18 and NOT a day did we got new sheets, they just made the beds, the way I know because my son spilt yogurt on the sheets, I checked for that spot everyday. And not to mention having sand in the bed as well. The cleaning crew forgot to take our trash for 2 days. We have asked for extra bathroom towels not pool towels and we were told that we had to bring down our old towels to get new ones, which all I'm asking is for extra towels. During the whole stay, the hallways and elevators smelt like must, gross smell. Of course we know it's from all the water but you would think they would keep it clean. I visited my parents at the Hilton (next door), walked in, smelt so refreshing, you actually felt like you can breath. The rooms we top notch, just wonderful. I was really dreading going back to our hotel. Just the overall experience was NOT happy, speaking for myself, I would NOT stay here again!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Adelagarza2014
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review your visit. We appreciate feedback of any caliber as it can serve to reinforce our strengths as well as help us build on areas where we can improve. I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory and I can assure you that we always take all guest comments very seriously. It is our goal to ensure the complete satisfaction of all our guests. We will work hard to improve in the areas you mentioned and hope we can earn your trust once again and give us an opportunity to accommodate you during your next visit to South Padre Island.

Aaron
Houston, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stay at this hotel when I travel in North Texas. The hotel is clean and the staff makes me feel welcomed. Nice selection for breakfast. Also, location is great, being door to a shopping mall. The location is right in the middle of the Metroplex and enables folks to travel to Dallas and/or Fort Worth for an easy commute.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this review, 12 January 2015
Hi Elizabeth,

What a fantastic review you left for us and many others to read! It brings me great joy to hear you had an absolute wonderful stay. We highly value you as a guest and look forward to serving you in 2015. It sure would be a pleasure to welcome you back-- we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were excited when we booked the room to have a large room at such a great price. We were horribly disappointed in what we got. The room was dirty, the TV in the bedroom could not get a picture and maint. came twice to finally fix it. The phone in the bedroom was not working and that was not fixed (were told it was "under construction"). The air filter vent was covered in black dirt/fuzz. Obviously not cleaned anytime recently. The carpet was wrinkled in places, the shower head in the bathroom was coming apart, the furniture on the balcony was not useable as it was covered in bird poop and dirt. To further complicate things the light beside one of the beds was flickering (repaired by maintenance). Also the safe did not work. Maintenance was able to get it to lock using "1234" code but other code would not work. Not feeling safe locking my stuff in that! The breakfast buffet area had wet floors (like ice skating). Would HIGHLY recommend floor mats everywhere in that area. It is only a matter of time before someone falls and gets hurt. We witnessed kids drinking from the spout on the water container and then spitting the water into the tray below it. That was the last straw for us and we checked out after only 1 night of our planned 4 night stay and checked in at the hotel next door where we were VERY happy. To sum it all up this La Quinta hotel needs a complete refurbishment ASAP!!

1 Thank Bob B
Dear Bob,

We deeply apologize for the many issues you had staying with us. There is no excuse for the inconveniences you encountered and we’re very sad you weren’t 100% satisfied with your stay. I will alert the appropriate managers of these issues and will have measures put in place to not have this happen again. Again, we are sorry about these issues and would love to have you back to make things right