“Only ok - Diabetics give breakfast a pass!”
Review of Island Inn

Island Inn
Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This hotel is only fair. Please note that the price advertised on the street is less than what this hotel advertises on-line, so walk-ins get the best rate.
Check-in was smooth and staff are nice and polite. The room was only ok for the price: dated beach-y decor, but clean and comfortable enough for one night - very basic.
Please note that breakfast is very basic: Tang and Little Debby mini donuts. If you are a diabetic, you are SOL.
In all, the stay is only ok; we opted to pay less for another hotel the next night, and were much happier.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CanCruiser

Reviewed 16 July 2012

The front staff was nice but the maids on the other hand were not friendly at all. I asked for some paper towels and they looked at me like I was dumb and went and got them for me. Also, the breakfast is only powdered donuts and coffee. I guess I should have checked into that before I picked this hotel. The worst thing that we saw one morning was that the lady was cleaning the inside of the coffee urn with Comet!!! We were a little freaked out because its a chemical and lets say we didn't drink any more coffee from this place anymore. The rooms were nice for a beach hotel and for the price. I probably wont stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank amandalynne1213
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Me n my family stayed in this inn..The person in front was nice and thoughtful..they let us stay in a room that was clean n towels that we recieved were unstained..The room was well compressed..We surely enjoyed our stay..Besides, the park was right behind it..THE POOL WAS GREAT!!.. i surely recommend this inn for any family that plans to stay over night at SPI..Its nice and cozy..And O so Cheap..

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Vramos956
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Staff professional, rooms clean ,Bathroom alittle small . I would recomend this hotel to anyone on a budget!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank lazylake
Reviewed 19 November 2009

poor service, shoddy room, noisy, total lack of professionalism.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luv2travelamerica
Reviewed 23 April 2008

i read the reviews, but went there anyway. My impression was that it might be not luxerious, but it was not dirty at all!!! Also the people at the check in were absolutely friendly and helpful!!
I was very satisfied.

Stayed: April 2008
3  Thank adventureseeker08
Reviewed 2 September 2007

Second time staying here,will not stay here again! 5am.left my room to let the front desk know that the people staying next door in room #237 are in the hallway,drunk,making a lot of noise,and woke me up at 4:30am.Leo Santos was working the front desk,all he wanted to do was argue with me instead of taking care of the loud party next door.Amanda was nice and said,"Sorry," for the disturbance.This was too late,I was checking out.Went to another place to stay and turned a negative situation into a very enjoyable vacation.David and Connie are the managers,I did not see them or talk to them once.I requested room #200,someone was already in this room.I then requested a room all the way on the other side of the building for a quiet stay. It would have been quiet if the hotel front desk person would have located the party in the middle of the property instead of next door to me.The property only had about four rooms occupied on a Saturday night.I will not stay here again because of Leo Santos attitude and no management on duty.Mike is the owner.I would suggest staying at another property on the beach where you can here the ocean instead of rowdy neighbors.Juice machine was serving water instead of juice.No breakfast available.Pay an extra $15 dollars to stay somewhere else.I was able to upgrade to another property,ocean view,hearing the ocean waves from my room,breakfast,happy hour snacks,great location,quiet,for only $75 dollars per night.Class of people staying at another resort were more friendly,staff professional,and manager was on duty when needed.Huge contrast between properties.Do not settle for less with this Inn.
You deserve better and can find a much better experience on South Padre Island than this place.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo