“Wonderful Stay”

Schlitterbahn Beach Resort
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The rooms are modern and clean. Our maid couldn't speak a word of english but she was a sweetheart and cleaned our room well. The staff overall were very nice.

There are no amazing but scary slides like the rides in New Braunfels which was fine with me. I'm afraid of heights. I loved riding the lazy river to our next ride. This park is geared towards children and my 11 year old loved it. The extra hour in the morning was great for the wave torrent which can get really crowded.

Next time I won't spend the extra for the "partial" view and aim for a lower floor. We ended up on the top floor for the view and spent a lot of time waiting on the elevator.

Room Tip: Skip the ocean view which will put you on the highest floor. Opt for a lower floor to spend less ti...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Rene V, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

We are glad to hear the your and your family had such a great time. The "Exclusive Ride Time" for Resort guests only is a tremendous perk.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We spent one night here during the middle of August. Parking is tight at this venue, but we could find a place every time we needed to. Check in is hit or miss with crowds. The lobby is way too small for as many people that are checking in/out at certain times. I found the check in area packed with people (most often), and other times with very few people (less often). The rooms were comfortable, but ours reeked of cigarette smoke. I complained twice. They did send a maid to "help" with the smell. She sprinkled some powder on the carpet and vacuumed it. It masked the smell somewhat. Our stuff still reeked of smoke when we got home.

When buying our room, it said we would get a partial ocean view. It was just as they said. We could see some of the ocean, at an angle, between the low parts of the building next to us. I wouldn't have paid the extra for it, but there were no cheaper rooms to be had. The "view" is not worth the extra money.

Access to the beach and water park were easy. It was nice to be able to be at the beach for a while and then walk a couple of minutes back to the water park. The bigger part of the water park is a little longer walk, but it's nice that most of the rides in that part are accessed from the lazy river. You can always be in the water that way.

We could definitely go back, but I sure hated signing a paper that said it was a non-smoking facility and having to deal with someone else breaking that rule. Smokers, don't ruin someone else's stay because of your bad habit!

1  Thank e5ers

Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay with us. My apologies for the smoke smell from the other guest room, we do out best to catch the culprits right a way when we get a complaint. We are non-smoking facility. The access to the rides from the lazy river at the outdoor park is a great perk, you get to stay cool while waiting for your turn.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We found the resort to be excellent in every respect...from check-in to check-out. My only complaint the whole week was having to change wrist-bands every morning for water park entry. I do wish they had a one band system with color-code for multi-day stays. Yes, I know that is nit-picky but is the only complaint I can think of! Off Schlitterbahn but a need to know: Be sure and have at least one dinner at Sea Ranch. The food is absolutely the best on the island.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindi61
Rene V, General Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. I'm glad to hear the you had such a great time here at the Schlitterbahn Beach Resort. We are looking at ways to make the process of exchanging wristbands a little easier for our guests as well.

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

While the access to the beach and waterpark were very conveninet, I found the frontdesk staff more than unfriendly. I do understand they are busy, but it's a resort, it's gonna be busy!! Found rooms to be very nice and clean with very comfortable beds. Housekeeping staff was the friendliest of all employees. Outdoor water park was a little disappointing size wise, but understood it is a work in progress. All in all worth the money, just hope the management works on their employees and their customer service skills :)

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for the feedback about our staff and product. I will pass on your kind words to our Housekeeping department, and talk to the staff at the Front Desk as well.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Resort is almost new rooms are super nice with comfortable beds. Resort staff are very helpful and friendly. Prices are not outrageous We will go back and take the grandkids. Resort has a outdoors and indoor water parks with the best layout I have seen in a watermark. Resort also has a beach which is very clean.

1  Thank Gilbert G

We are glad to hear that you had a great time here at the Hotel, and we appreciate you taking the time to write a response.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed from Sunday through Wed, then moved to other island hotel for a change of pace.

It was difficult dealing with reservations at Schlitterbahn. I was quoted one price on line, another in a confirmation email, and yet a third by customer service. No real answer as to if the waterpark was included in the rate. With a family of four this was a hundred plus a day issue. Check in was slow as the clerk could not figure our rate out and had to call a manager over. We were charged yet another rate but one that was pretty reasonable.

After that it was largely a blast with nothing but good experiences. The bell hop and the bartender at the Palapa bar quickly turned any frustrations around by giving great service. We loved the ability to walk out and get into the indoor water park immediately. The extended hours were great as the kids(10 and 12) could ride the indoor water slides for an hour with no lines.

We ate at every food venue here. The Shrimp Haus is the best(but we have been eating there since before it was part of the resort). The Sea4ever has a great view for drinks and appetizers but the food was a little bland and overcooked for our taste. Overall the prices were in line with what you will be charged anywhere decent on the island and certainly less than other resort areas.

The big waterpark was an easy five minute walk through the tunnel. It was not my cup of tea although I liked the bartender at Bob's. The kids had fun with the rides. I thought the river was better in the indoor park than the outdoor.

All in all it was a fun four days/three nights and we will return. I do hope the resort improves the front desk as they are the worst part of dealing with the hotel. One last issue-We arrived on the island earlier than expected so we called the hotel to ask if we could check in early or if we needed to kill a couple of hours-according to the "front desk", that information could not be given over the phone we would need to come to the resort to see if our room was available. Again nice stay we will be back.

1  Thank Abogadodave
Rene V, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. I am glad that you and your family had such a great time at both parks, I hope your children used the Boogie Bahn for the extended hour as well. If not you'll just have to bring them back for another visit.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Lee Ann informed us at check-in that we would not receive a roll away bed, as promised when we made our initial reservation. We would have continued the 3rd day of our 5 day vacation at Holiday Express, instead of coming here, had we known there would be no roll away bed available. No other accommodations were made to handle this mistake, therefore, my husband slept on the floor. He doesn't do this at home, much less on a vacation. The 2nd, and last night, we did receive a roll away bed. I guarantee they will still charge us, as we inquired how this would be handled and were told she would look into it later. Wow! Did she have to sleep on the floor last night? We don't have a ton of money, we are a party of 5, and are not high maintenance by any means. However, I am spreading the word on service (mgr on duty) and accommodations, so others will be informed. The bellman, David, was awesome in providing us whatever we needed! Kudos to him for handling things right then, instead of giving scripted excuses, like the manager on duty. I hate to sound harsh, but my husband slept on the dang floor!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Aggiecathi

My apologies for your husband having to sleep on the floor for the first night of your stay. We do have several Roll-A-Ways in the Hotel but they are on a first come first served basis. We are happy to put a request in the system for you, but we do not guarantee them. Thank you for the comments about David our bellman, I will make that he gets recognized.