“Great experience!”

Barry's International
Price range: US$2 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Garden Grill is located inside the Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island. This South Padre restaurant features wide variety of menu items for breakfast, lunch and dinner, from a huge breakfast buffet in the morning to everything from seafood to pizza and pastas for lunch and dinner hours.The breakfast buffet features a huge selection of breakfast items: fresh omelets made-to-order, bacon, sausage and roast potatoes, a wide selection of breads and baked items, breakfast cereals and juices.The lunch and dinner is served after 11am and features excellent burgers and steaks, Tex-Mex and Italian cuisines, a wide array of fresh seafood dishes and pizzas in family and individual sizes. Guests at the Hilton Garden Inn can enjoy room service from the Garden Grill as well as food and food and beverage service to the ocean-side swimming pool and beachside deck! The in-house bar and lounge features a world-class selection of beers and cocktails.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Garden Grille & Bar is a must visit. Is located inside the Hilton Garden Inn but any one can come and enjoy the good food at fantastic prices and with the great service as a cherry on top.
Good variety of food for every taste. Also Starbucks is right there in the lobby and you can order it from the comfort of your dinner table. Will definitely go back!

Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Barry's International, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us to stay with! We’re very happy you had a wonderful experience and loved our service. We would love to have you back! Thanks again for sharing your experience!

There are newer reviews for Barry's International

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here and after 2 mediocre meals, started using TripAdvisor to find other places with great success.

The blackened snapper was tasty and the sauce we nice. The vegetables were tasteless, steamed and probably previously frozen.

I asked what was on tap. The server answered with a very short list which ended up being incorrect and irritating especially since I could look over to the bar in the distance and make out a few beers he failed to mention.

The second meal, I asked specifically for a Stella ( I found on tap ) and he brought me back a bottle. Staff needs training but were sincere in trying but frankly, lots of places try hard.

The guy singing was quaint and an unexpected surprise. If a 60/70 something dj singing to your meal is your thing, then you will be delighted. I frankly felt I was in retirement center in Destin Fl. but, my 4 year old's seem to dig it - go figure.

The second night, my wife had the fiesta nachos and really liked them. I chose the shrimp po boy, which had a decent amount of shrimp and was well seasoned.

Again, this place is where you go if you stay at the hotel and don't want to drive down the road to where all the good places are located. I give this an average rating by merit of the server's effort - not ability and also the mixed food quality. Again...this place is average.

1  Thank wbwooly
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at Barry's International, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. It is with deep regret to read of your frustrating experience of your overall meal with us. Without going into details of all points mentioned you may rest assured that I have well taken note and that corrective measures are taken wherever possible in order to better our service and to avoid any re-occurrence in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

LONG wait for poorly microwaved frozen food. I feel sorry for the folks on the island if this is a top restaurant. The wife actually apologized for picking this place.

Dear Chip,

Thank you very much for your review. Please rest assured that we are taking your feedback serious and are looking into the areas of possible improvement. Thank you again for the constructive feedback.

Aaron R.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a typical little hotel bar that just happens to be inside the Hilton. The bartender Rudy was very nice and the drinks were great. Stop by and have a key-lime colada, you'll be very happy.

1  Thank Jason O
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I literally love it ! It's such a friendly place to be at. And the waiter that would attends me is a very handsome young man named Erick. He was such a great waiter! Whenever I go I hope he attends me because honestly I think he's such a respectful & very nice young man. Yes all the waiters are good, but this young man is always right there when you want another drink or you want a desert or anything. So I give it a 5 star just for this handsome man.