“A Fiasco”

Add it.
Chef's Fresh Mexican Food
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 September 2013

During our brief stay at a beach condo we went out for lunch once, and based on someone's list of recommended places we went here for lunch. It was a fiasco. We paid $60 for a meal that would have cost typically $30 just about anywhere else in Texas (we don't drink anything but water). Most of what we ordered had a typical/good taste. BUT I dared to order their fajitas. Big mistake. It was the worst meat I’ve ever had. It literally felt like I was chewing rubber. So I gave up after only a few bites. On top of that, we were told they ONLY take cash at the time I handed my cc to pay, while directing me to the conveniently placed ATM inside the restaurant. I don’t mind paying an overly high price for a good meal. But with the tip and ATM charges on top, we couldn't have felt more disappointed and ‘taken’.

Ah, don't be deceived if you see lots of cars parked outside -- usually a good 'sign' that the business is good.... Though we saw many cars outside, inside it was desolate but for a couple. Most of the cars outside were there for the adjacent business.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

This place has great freshly made Mexican food for breakfast and lunch. My husband had the Mexican plate and I had chicken enchiladas verde. Both were delicious.

Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

Hard to find because of the sign fading but definitely worth the visit great food fair prices and excellent service. The juevos Rancheros were delicious. Locals enjoy this place

Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

Ended up here accidentally and wow. Irs gard to find but worth it. Owner operated very jid friendly and home cooked meals. Loved it

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We discovered CHEF'S by accident. You really have to look for it.

But it was worth the effort.

A very pleasant experience, friendly staff and very good food.

We will be back next year!