“Relaxing”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Went for the first time with husband and a few friends. I personally am not a steak eater but my husband is... he loved the steak he ordered. Said the wine was really smooth and enjoyed. To me it was a little over priced but husband didn't seem to mind the steak cost. The margarita's are really good ... and yes I would return again. A tip for non steak eaters..... The Rosemary Chicken Dish .. was very very good.

1  Thank haydensyaya
There are newer reviews for Liam's steakhouse & oyster bar

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I liked Tonys Oysters and Mikes Blackebed Oysters. Hated the Blackened Shrimp Fetticini, it was the heaviest cream sauce I have ever had and the cheese sauce had a odd flavor. Also hated the Oysters Rockefeller it had the same cheese as the Fetticini. My wife and I did not have a good waiter at no time were we given a refill on our drinks. The salad offered by the waiter was roughly a $1.99 worth of lettuce and we were charged $5.00 for crap! This place my wife and I both hated!! My wife made a comment that the Shrimp taste as if it was frozen and not fresh!

2  Thank wendyjuanes
Reviewed 3 August 2014

In the beginning of July, my fiance and I took a trip to SPI. We went to several restaurants on the island, including other's owned by this same company without incident. We decided to treat ourselves to a special dinner and we thought that Liam's would fit the bill. We had spent the day at the beach, so we went back to the condo and got dressed and ready for a nice meal out. I shaved and got ready, and decided to wear a dressy tank top to dinner. When we arrived in the parking lot, we saw people going inside with ripped clothing, women in swimsuits, and men in shorts and flip flops. We thought we would be fine to enter, as we had just come out of the shower and were neat and clean. As we went to enter, the manager said, "Do you have a shirt with sleeves?" I informed him I was on vacation and did not. He said I could not enter.

We walked out to our car, and watched more people going in wearing dirty clothes and swimsuits and they were obviously just coming from the beach and walking into the restaurant and not being turned away. I went back in and went up to the hostess stand and said, "I see that several people in here are wearing sleeveless and not to mention they are wearing swimsuits." I then pointed to the examples, one a group of ladies wearing their bikini tops with a man's wife beater tank over them and a middle aged lady in a swimsuit with a sheer cover up. I let her know that this made the restaurant seem very casual and why can't I be there with sleeveless if other people are not following the dress code.

I was informed that women do not have a dress code at this establishment, only men. The key issue is not being casual. Men are allowed to wear shorts, swimsuits, and flip flops...just not show their armpits by wearing sleeveless or a tank top. She said men's armpits are not attractive like a female's armpits are. I was completely in shock, this place was discriminating against me because my arm pits are not as beautiful (in their opinion) as a woman's! Seriously???

She said, "even if a lady did not shave her armpits they would let her in the restaurant in a tank or sleeveless blouse because it is a ladies' armpit." The whole conversation hinged on armpits.

They claim to be "fine dining" but they let everyone in the restaurant wearing shorts and flip flops and swimsuits, just will not let a man in wearing a tank top. That makes no sense.

I was prepared to pay for what I assumed would not be cheap meal there, and I did patronize other establishments owned by this company while on the island. This is discrimination in its purest form. They need a wake up call. They are on an island, and that island is not Manhattan. SPI is not a dressy place, just look at Liam's patrons...you may see "mature" women in swimsuits but you will not see a guy's armpit. Which do you think is the most unappealing while trying to consume a steak?

9  Thank ryanley
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were so impressed with the stuffed mushroom appetizer and the delectable filet Mignon. However, the lobster tail on the side was way overcooked and uneatable, had to send it back. I had a stuffed flounder which was very good, The service was good, but had to remind him to take off the cost of the lobster tail ( add-on item). Overall was still the best dinner we had on the island. Not cheap by any means, even after the lobster tail was removed, $160 before tip for two people. Included a bottle of wine, appetizer and 2 entrees.

2  Thank Catman3404
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We arrived about 7:00 pm without a reservation, but they were able to seat us right away. My first impression was what a nice restaurant this was. The hostess and waiters were very helpful and friendly explaining everything on the menu. The menu consisted of steaks and seafood dishes. Everyone was pleased with their meals stating that they were all very good. When we sat down the hostess explained that they wanted us to enjoy our dining experience and that we would not be rushed and could spend as long as we wanted. It was also very quiet in the restaurant making it nice to carry on a conversation with the others in your party. We had a nice bottle of red wine for $34 recommended by our waiter. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank CountryGal55