“We love Scampi's!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great service. Great view. The best food I've ever had. The place to eat in South Padre Island. Loved the bar upstairs as well for after dinner.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I wasn't expecting much from Scampi's due to some of the other reviews on here, but my husband wanted to go there and it was actually really great. Our server was Steven and he was super friendly and attentive. The food was also great - I started with the cream of broccoli soup and my husband had a salad. The soup was light but tasty. For our entrees, I had the shrimp fettuccine alfredo with a side of vegetables and my husband had the red snapper (blackened) with rice and vegetables. Both were extremely good - the shrimp was flavorful and the alfredo sauce was rich, but not too much so. My husband LOVED his snapper and said that it was his best meal of our trip. We ended with two of their awesome desserts - the Snickers cheesecake and the chocolate banana cake. Both were delicious!

Scampi's also had a nice view of the sunset and the outdoor area looked promising, although we ate inside. The decor is a little outdated, but it's still a nice, casual place. We met the owners on our way out - we had mentioned to Steven that we were from MI originally, and had noticed the MSU decor around the restaurant - he introduced us to the owners while we were leaving, which was a nice touch. We would definitely come back to Scampi's if we are ever on SPI!

1  Thank kcl2340
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We were a large group and there was a wedding there at the same time, but it was a terrible meal.
The service was fine, but not one in our group of about 20 was satisfied with their meal.
Othewise we heard great things.

1  Thank Morten S
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I don't normally comment on anything. But I feel the need to alert you of the amazingly pisspoor service and dinner we just had. The stuffed Portobello mushroom was sub par as was the shrimp scallops and muscels in olive oil. Stay away from the peanut butter shrimp if you value your taste buds. Having to ask for ice tea refills and being ignored by our waiter really helped our experience.

1  Thank hurricanelara2
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I have eaten here three times during our March and April stay in South Padre. Food was great-tasty and well presented. Serving staff both friendly and attentive. View was lovely. Very relaxed atmosphere.