“Brought my own catch: great meal”

Blackbeard's Restaurant
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I brought my own catch- RedFish. They made Fish Enchiladas, as well as some fried and parmesian pan grilled filets. WOW. Every thing they did with my fish was extremely good. Service was very good & friendly. Fried apple pie a la mode was excellent!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,705)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Steaks were excellent. We did not know what to expect, but whenever we drove by the place was always crowded. So don't judge the book by its cover. Try it. It was a great steak place!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great lunch experience that we ordered. We had the flounder and the catfish which was greatly prepared.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Funky restaurant with generous serving of fresh seafood or anything else you're in the mood for. Very busy place so you know it's fresh. Island feel. Great onion rings.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We drove out of our way to go to Blackbeard's due to a recommendation from a friend. it did not meet expectations.

The food was OK, but I think we could have had a better meal at a Red Lobster. The gulf redfish my wife had had no real flavor. It was just there. My flat iron steak was cooked medium rare as requested, but it had no spicing - it was just a steak. The flat iron steak at Whiskey's in Kearney, Nebraska blows this one away. The onion rings are supposed to be great here. They were just onion rings with batter on them. Nothing special. Tom's in Arlington also blows this away.

All in all, we kinda' expected to see a bunch of boxes with the Gorton's fisherman on them at the back of the restaurant. The food was OK, That's all I can say. The lack of cars in the parking lot at 6:30pm should have been a clue that this place has seen better days.