“Nice location and friendly staff”

Blackbeard's Restaurant
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Nice location and friendly staff”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We decided to eat here after our first choice had an hour wait. We still waited over 30 minutes but it was peak dinner time. They have a nice outdoor seated area for waiting. Staff was very friendly and service was good. Menu offered mostly fried foods and the typical choices similar to red lobster, no special or unique options. Food was delivered quickly and was good.

Visited May 2014

Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meh....”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our hostess took us to our table and we couldn't sit down because the chairs were greasy and filthy. I grabbed my chair and mayonnaise got on my hand. The hostess just stood there and stared waiting for us to sit down, so we moved the chairs on our own until we found the cleanest ones. She saw me with a glop of mayo on my hand and didn't offer to grab a napkin...she made no comments at all.

We had the guacamole which tasted fresh. The jumbo stuffed jalapeño which tasted good but the "jumbo" part was because the batter was really thick so it ended up taking away from the overall jalapeño flavor. We shared the fillet and shrimp skewer. It was average.

The service was okay the food was very average and the overall cleanliness wasn't great. We didn't feel there was much value overall.

• Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Not That Memorable”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were a little disappointed by Blackbeard's. It was just down the street from the condo that we were renting, so we decided to try it one night. Service was good and the atmosphere was fine - it is casual and has a huge outdoor area. But the food was just not very impressive. I had the charbroiled shrimp (which were tiny!) with rice pilaf and vegetables, and my husband had the fish 3-ways. Neither of us really enjoyed our meal. Things weren't awful, but they weren't great either. They do have a big menu, so maybe we just tried the wrong items.

• Visited April 2014
San Antonio, TX
“Best Kabobs!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stays two doors down from Blackbeard's. We walked over. Even though there were lots of people, the wait for us was only about 20 minutes. The waiters were super busy but still provided great service. My wife and I shared the Beef Kabobs with Blackened Shrimp/Pineapple. Wow! The veggies with the beef were as amazing as the beef. Delicious! The shrimp and pineapple were as tasty...only they had a bit of a kick! Yum! Even the lemon was grilled and you could squirt it over the shrimp. It is served with rice pilaf. You have other choices, but don't take them. The pilaf is the best I've ever had! Yep, I highly recommend the kabobs at Blackbeard's!

Visited May 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“It was delicious...”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

The fried shrimp and fish were awesome. The food came out fast and hot. The server (sorry I dont remember his name) was very attentive. Will definitely go back before we leave the island.