“Nice Selection of Beers; Amazing Crab Cakes”

Padre Island Brewing Co.
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: "The gastropub movement is well-represented on South Padre Island at Padre Island Brewing Company. Rotating draft selections include several styles of handcrafted suds; Texas Long Board Lager, Tailing Red Amber, and Speckled Trout Stout are among my favorites, when available. If you can’t make up your mind, get the “Sampler Tray,” a tasting of all five beers currently on tap. The menu is extensive—“peel and eat” shrimp, spicy wings, and fried calamari are popular appetizers, as are the chips-and-guacamole combo, ceviche, and nachos. The bar has won an award for its pizza, but I recommend the burgers. If you’re really hungry, order the Texas Burger, a double-patty, one-pound monster topped with jalapenos, mushrooms, and cheese. From the seafood menu, beer-battered shrimp is an obvious choice, and the tuna and flounder are also excellent." From Texas Highways Magazine, June 2015
“Nice Selection of Beers; Amazing Crab Cakes”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Cos was our server and he was great. Very personable and accommodating.
We ordered the crab cakes as an appetizer. Two cakes, very tasty and just the right amount to start the meal.
I ordered a flight of their five top beers, a bock, an India pale ale, a light ale, a wheat and a stout. All sat very nicely on my palate, even the wheat which I don't usually care for. My favorites were the light ale and the stout, both of which had a great taste without being overpowering.
For lunch, Peggy had the chicken wrap, which came with a very tasty ham and bean soup. The wrap was good, and a good-sized portion.
I had the fish basket, deep-fried pollack with sides of garlic mashed potatoes and cole slaw. The fish was good. Not my favorite batter but properly cooked. Potatoes were quite good, garlicky but not overpowering. The slaw was ok.
Nice atmosphere in the place, with gunny sacks from the hops nailed to the ceiling and the beer brewing tanks behind the bar.
Peggy and I both enjoyed it and would easily go back. There's lots more to try on the menu.

• Visited March 2014

Newburyport, MA
“This menu needs help!!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I recently visited SPI and we decided to try the Padre Island Brewing Co. We were NOT impressed with their menu!! Very basic pub fare!!! With that said they could not cook my husband's burger correctly and it needed to be sent back twice!!! I had finished my salad by the time the second burger was brought out...
We were totally disapointed!!!

Visited February 2014
Minnesota
“Great food and Great Beer”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stopped for lunch and stayed for a few excellent micro brewws -- frindly staff and great food made this a memorable experience

Howard, Colorado
“My Favorite Restaurant On The Island”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We have been to the Padre Island Brewing twice in 6 days. The first evening we took our own catch and it was cooked to perfection. We also had the Pesto Chicken Salad which was equally fabulous. Six days later we went over for the Ribs For 2 - WOW!!!! The meat feel off the bone - no cutting knife required. Really really great food and the service was the best. Celia worked our table both nights and she kept our drinks flowing - Speckled Trout Stout - a fabulous dark brew with a light chocolate/coffee flavor that is very well paired with ribs and bbq sauce. This is my favorite restaurant on the island - give it a try - you will enjoy.

Sioux City, Iowa
“definitely will be back”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stopped here for our last meal on the island. We were both happy with it. Hubby enjoys oyster on a half shell and wasn't disappointed with them here. Great value and excellent brews. Great service too.