“Many choices”

Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "The gastropub movement is well-represented on South Padre Island at Padre Island Brewing Company. Rotating draft selections include several styles of handcrafted suds; Texas Long Board Lager, Tailing Red Amber, and Speckled Trout Stout are among my favorites, when available. If you can’t make up your mind, get the “Sampler Tray,” a tasting of all five beers currently on tap. The menu is extensive—“peel and eat” shrimp, spicy wings, and fried calamari are popular appetizers, as are the chips-and-guacamole combo, ceviche, and nachos. The bar has won an award for its pizza, but I recommend the burgers. If you’re really hungry, order the Texas Burger, a double-patty, one-pound monster topped with jalapenos, mushrooms, and cheese. From the seafood menu, beer-battered shrimp is an obvious choice, and the tuna and flounder are also excellent." From Texas Highways Magazine, June 2015
Temple, Texas
“Many choices”
Reviewed 29 July 2010

The pizza was excellent, the salads fresh. The stuffed flounder had large portions and very tasty. The special of the Saturday evening we went was Parmesean Shrimp. It was not my favorite - order something else. I was disappointed a little with the service. We ate upstairs and we could see our food coming up the stairs, but it sat on the counter for a bit before the waiter could tell the helper when to take it, then he pointed to the wrong table so we ended up flagging him down.

El Paso, Texas
“Pizza!!”
Reviewed 15 July 2010

In my humble opinion, the pizza and the homemade beer make this place truly tolerable. I am not a big fan of the ambiance or the service but I have never had a bad experience sitting at the bar. I think that they have THE BEST PIZZA ON THE ISLAND!! That's right, I said it. I'll usually just order to-go when I'm in the mood. It's definitely worth the trip.

San Antonio, TX
“Good Food and Service in the Brew Pub”
Reviewed 19 June 2010

I won't write a long review on this one. Padre Island Brewing Co. is a great place for lunch. My family and I had lunch there on a Friday and our choices ranged from hot wings to chicken wraps, fish & chips and other appetizers. The place has a great brew pub atmosphere with all the tanks behind the bar and the food and service were both good and quick. No bad surprises and not big good surprises but basically what you would expect.

I will say that we thought the prices to be just a bit high for lunch for the area, however the portions were much larger than we imagined they would be.

TIP: If you are not big eaters and can agree on a meal, then split it! I ordered the fish & chips. I had two fillets that had to weigh in at 1/3 of a pound EACH along with a large basket of fries and coleslaw. Also, try the beer sampler. It comes ( 6 oz. ) samples of their five beers. I only drank two and a half of the samples but they were great.

Happy Trails,
Texas Reb

San Antonio, Texas
“Options”
Reviewed 28 May 2010

We chose this restaurant during this recent visit because although we were on the coast and wanted to have seafood my parents did not. They had a little of everything for everyone seafood, burgers, pizza, steak, etc. The food was good bearing in mind that this is a bar/grill type place.

OKC
“Good place for happy hour.”
Reviewed 15 May 2010

Great service, friendly and accomodating. Good happy hour, went there almost every day for 50 cent oysters and beer specials. We sampled most of the appetizers and were pretty happy. The only actual dinner food I tried was stuffed flounder and it disappointed. I did not finish it.

For us, happy hour was great, and the staff really aim to please. Dinner food is a question mark.