“great stay for the money”

La Copa Inn Beach Hotel
Cypress, Texas
“great stay for the money”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We are currently checked in at this hotel and on the third day of our stay. The room is clean and the bathroom is functional, but nothing special. We have a beach view balcony room and the view is amazing! The breakfast is good especially since its free! Best of all is the access to the beach!!! We have an infant daughter and it has been so nice to be able to get to and from the beach with such ease! All in all a great stay for the money and I would stay again.

Room Tip: the 4th floor balcony rooms have a great view!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
, Front Office Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Thank you for the wonderful review! We hope that you'll come and stay with us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Location was the best...right near the beach and even has its own walkway to the water. We got the room with the Jacuzzi tub which was a great choice, we felt like we had a little spa in our room...very relaxing. The service was not good, I called the front to tell them they were out of ice and instead of making it happen they sent me four floors up to see if there was any in That machine, which there wasn't.

• Stayed September 2011
, Owner at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
I'm sincerely sorry about the poor service you received. We will fix the problem right away. Thank you for the kind words about the rooms and our hotel. We hope to see you again at La Copa soon!
Edinburg, Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This was my 3rd time at La Copa Inn, and i was once again very pleased! It was my husbands first and he was very happy with it! Alma took care of us with our check in and checking out! She was very nice, Our room was amazing, comfy beds, nice and quiet and the balcony was a great addition for our stay! I would and will recommend this Hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: Beach View is nice, but it is right above the pool, and if you want a quiet room choose one on the s...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Labor Day wkend Florida trip with the grandkids canceled due to storm, so at the last minute decided to try S. Padre Island for the beach. Called an 800 # that I later found out was an "Expedia" phone line--the guy never told me that! He found La Copa and said the reviews were good and the price averaged $123 p/night. I took his word for it since my pc was in the shop...I normally don't do this. Then, had family read me reviews that weren't very good--very hesitant going there, but couldn't get refund. I found my reservation date was wrong, but luckily, after calling three times, I finally go through and 800# rep. changed it to correct date without penalty. Now, the hotel: strong wet, musty smell in the room--couldn't decide what it was from but it never subsided...you had to get use to it. Saw the workers renovating 2 rms. by ours--wondered if it was due to smell?? The beds were great--memory foam, the bathroom was adequate, small balcony was useful, ac was ok, but the ceiling fan helped. Breakfast waffles were good and food was ok for being complimentary. Parking is only in front of hotel, so if you're late, you'll get space farther back towards entry street. Kids were running up and down hallway at times! Pool: Jacuzzi looked dirty (brownish water). Pool looked dirty one day so we didn't swim....wondered if they clean/chlorinate it daily? Beach area was good--umbrella and chair rentals avail.; no lifeguard. We won't go back to La Copa and I will bet that one can find a better hotel for the same price, esp. if the price is higher not using Expedia!!

Euless, Texas
Reviewed 12 September 2011

La Copa was a very nice Hotel. The room was big and clean and had lots of room for our granddaughter to run around in. The vending machines on the first floor was out of order the whole time we was there and the breakfast wasnt all that great, come on beans and eggs!
Also when we checked in around 10pm the desk clerk was really rude and tried to charge us for 2 rooms instead of 1. The other clerks after that were really nice and helpful. The problems we had were fixed really quick. I don't know why other reviewers complained about the air conditioners, ours worked very good and the halls were cool too. Wluld stay in this Hotel again.

Room Tip: Keep checking the booking agent websites for better rates.
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Our lodging  at La Copa Inn South Padre Island was great until I realized I forgot one brand new dress and tshirt at the room closet. I call and the operador told me that she  needed to ask Mary the House kepping Lady manager about that and that she would call me back. I didn't receive that call so I called back the next day. The operador, Amanda, told me that they didn't find anything... While I was telling her that I DID left My things there she hung up on me !!!!  I was left  talking to nobody!!!! Of course I called back,  now to speak to the manager,  because she hang up on me and she kept me waiting...... I called back and told her to get me to the manager because I was now really upset.  I could Care less now about my clothes but I just needed to air up her rude attitude. I talk to the manager and he was polite and promissed to talk to her.......mm Oh well

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Ranis15
Barron, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We planned an out of state vacation with family and friends. I called and made a reservation for a 2 room suite, confirming it with a credit card. But when we arrived they didn't have the reservation PLUS they didn't even have rooms available! We had to split up and stay in other separate hotels. Very bad service, manage didn't seem to care. They still advertise using the Best western name but Best Western claims to have no ties with them anymore. Beware!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends