“UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE AT LA COPA INN!”

La Copa Inn Beach Hotel
Killen texas
“UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE AT LA COPA INN!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and my self stayed at La copa this past weekend, and we had a wonderful time. We didn't care about the crazy weather, we just wanted to enjoy it and have fun. We loved the room and the confortable bed... full hot and delicious breakfast in the morning, i love coffee and the coffee they serve there is kinda weak for me, so i went and bought myself a fresh brew starbucks coffee ( they have a starbucks as well) much much better!!!.... Pool area is great and super clean. Bar and Grill by the pool was a plus... My sister and brother in law stayed at the pearl and didnt like it at all, we invited them over to la copa to have some drinks Alma and her team was very nice and on top of things. Thank you guys. Overall we loved the hotel and enjoyed our stay, we are coming back on July, now with our kids. My sister and brother in law are coming along. Thank you La Copa Inn!!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear guest,

We appreciate all the nice comments you have written! Our main purpose to exceed a guest expectations and very glad we were able to do so. Also, thank you for eating at our bar and grill during your stay. We’re ecstatic you and your husband had a very pleasurable stay despite the crazy weather. Please come and visit us the next time you’re in SPI for another unforgettable experience!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 April 2014

First, my friend planned this girls trip we had here so she chose La Copa. Though it says it's a hotel, let's remember there is an "Inn" in the name. Which we all know, an Inn is different from a hotel and you should expect as much.

Inn's in my opinion can still be very nice but they are just a step down from what a normal hotel may offer. So which is why my expectations of this little place was not high.

The parking lot is a joke. I am so glad we had a ride. Though I hated paying $3 for a taxi every time I needed to go somewhere, I am sure it beat what people had to pay or do to park in such a tiny parking lot. Look it up on Google Maps before taking your car there. (Normally in beautiful weather, walking would have been an option)

From the review I read since last year (2013) the place has been remodeled. We benefited from that. The lobby had updated contemporary furniture. The front desk is as pictured by provided pics. I can not blame the "Inn" for their full lobby but I can blame them for being understaffed when this is obviously the busiest time of year. The staff was great and very friendly. No complaints with them probably because they had no complaints with us. Their house was full of party goers who I am sure did a lot of damage which leads to.....

The Fee list, when you check in, they make you sign a form that says you understand how much everything costs in your room and if damaged they will make you pay for it. I am not talking a small list, I am talking everything in the room. From towels, to wash cloth, to the TV and clock. EVERYTHING.

Plus, when you check in, you are told on top of your room fee per night, you have to pay $15pp arm band fee to wear so that they can identify that you are staying at their "Inn". I saw no benefits to this, other than it was for them and not us. So why make me pay $15 extra dollars PER PERSON when I already paid to stay here? Just give me the dinky wrist band and I will wear it. Then, on top of that, you had to put down a $50pp extra deposit for damages that would be refunded at the end of our stay. They tell you none of this when you book.

The Bar and Grill saved them for me as the weather was horrendous and being tired of taking a taxi everywhere we could at least get some food. Only the food here is like a heat it up deli. It's not real bar food, but something you make at home in a microwave. It didn't taste bad at all, but if you want healthy, you will not get it here. Not to mention it's not cheap. More expensive than fast food. But the drinks were great. Thank you for some stiff drinks!

The other saving grace is they do have a Starbucks Coffee lounge in the front that was amazingly nice, since the weather was freezing (not normal for Spring Break).

The bottom floor that we stayed on had tile floors. So yes, you do hear everything going up and down the hallways all day and ALL NIGHT. It's a party town and this place being the price it is, attracted the party goers. My friend described it as 4 floors of mazes, finding all the people on Saturday night.

The room was great, it was clean and the bed's were soft. The room was GREAT!!
The pool was heated but according to my friend not heated enough. And of course the hot tub was a party. Just depends on what you are going to Padre for. We knew when we signed up that it would be party season.

BTW, if your on the bottom floor and you have a patio. Beware of flying objects from above. People above us took the opportunity to dump their drinks and coolers our over their balcony's never realizing, people might be down there because we are in a covered area. And yes, someone did drop their cooler by accident when emptying it out. Hazards from above!!

And I almost forgot! Two days in a row there was no hot water. I think there is certain times to take hot showers. I had a hot bath at 2AM! And on my last day there I think there was some hot water in the morning on Tuesday. Sunday and Monday day times were a bust. They sent a guy to our room who tested the water then told us to wait 20 minutes. I think this was standard procedure as now I read in the other reviews that they had no hot water either.

Room Tip: The bottom floor is all tile, so you can hear everyone walking up and down the hallways talking, run...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Aaron R, Public Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear guest,

We deeply apologize for the many issues you had staying with us. We’re very sad you weren’t 100% satisfied with your stay. I will alert the appropriate managers of these issues and will have measures put in place to not have this happen again. Again, we are sorry about these issues and would love to have you back to make things right
Key Largo, Florida
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

It is a very nice place but they had no control over the young people that come from mexico during easter. They smoked and put their butts out in the carpet and drank beer in the hallways and left their empty cans everywhere. The front desk people were of no help. They needed a lot of security but had none. We left at 4am. It was scarry

• Stayed April 2014
Aaron R, Public Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear guest,

We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. I will ensure that our staff addresses each of your complaints. Thank you for making the decision to stay with us, and we sincerely hope you come visit us the next time you come to South Padre Island.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Being the first time we travel to South Padre Island we were not sure about the Hotel,ones we got there we were greatly surprise about everything: we arrive earlier than expected and they let us occupy the Suite before the expected time;Front Desk personnel is GREAT, so FRIENDLY and NICE!!!! (which we Love) we had some issues with our TV's and they send someone to fix it right away,very friendly Maintenance Man :) ,the view is Beautiful ,the pool is very clean and WARM!!!! and Starbucks coffee every morning was a plus.Housekeeping is good and very polite, I Love this Hotel and Certainly will come back!!!! Thank You Everyone for an awesome weekend!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Yamel E
Dear Yamel,

It’s really been a great pleasure reading your review and having you here at La Copa on SPI. We are very happy you loved our pool area, employees, location, and Starbucks. Thank you for selecting us to stay with and hope you will choose us again the next time.
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is overall good. The room is comfortable, the pool area is good. Great service. The breakfast is a disaster but oh well, if you are hungry and like to wait is fine. Is not a 5 star hotel, so is good for the price you are paying. I would come back.

1 Thank Denisse F
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Hello guest,

It’s truly been a pleasure reading your feedback of your latest stay. It’s rewarding to hear you loved your room, pool area, and our accommodating service. We are more than happy your wife had a wonderful birthday and a great stay. Thank you for selecting La Copa and we do hope you’ll return for another exciting stay in beautiful South Padre Island.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed at La Copa Inn for 3 Nights 4 days my wife and I, im going to be honest never thought we were gonna enjoy it as much as we did!!! Breakfast was really good, room was clean,great front desk service,la copa has a starbucks inside the hotel!!! That was awesome! They also have a Restaurant/Bar with great mix drinks and food by the pool Alma was really good fixing them drinks. Hotel prices are reasonable. .. my wife and I had lots of fun, can't wait to come back to south padre and stay at la copa again. Thank you all!!!

2 Thank Jo0324
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for such glowing praise of our hotel. We are most pleased that you and your wife were able to enjoy the full array of amenities that we believe define our hotel. Thank you for choosing La Copa Inn on South Padre Island. We had as much fun as you did and will look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I recently surprised my husband on a three day trip and stayed here. I was kinda iffy on it at first for it being a non chain hotel but i dont regret once ounce! Beautiful inside and out. The pool was great and warm and the view/pathway to the ocean was astonishing! Def will be booking here again. The jetted tub in the room was the cherry on top along witg such friendly employees!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Deanna N
Dear Deanna,

Thank you for your recent visit and for your willingness to share your important feedback with the online review community. A specific thanks as well for your laudatory remarks concerning our rooms. It's great to read you will be back for another great stay. Please come back and continue to tell the world of how special our location truly is.