“WORST HOTEL WE'VE EVER STAYED IN!!!”

La Copa Inn Beach Hotel
Wichita Falls, Texas
“WORST HOTEL WE'VE EVER STAYED IN!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Do NOT stay here if you want the smallest ounce of quiet time! We came for our honeymoon and about an hour into our stay, we were really wishing we had read the recent reviews because they were right! There's constant noise every second of the day, seriously! Adults & kids shouting/screaming & running down the halls & it sounded like the people above us were rearranging their furniture every time we were in our room, even at night, and forget about the free breakfast unless you want to wait in line forever for cold food, that is, if you're able to get any food at all, because anyone can come in and out of the hotel and do since it's right off the beach and eat YOUR free food and take YOUR free parking. Yes, the hotel gives you a parking pass but they obviously don't ever check the parking lot and don't even waste your time trying to tell them about all of this because we did and it goes in one ear & out the other! Seriously the WORST hotel experience we've EVER had!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank SxAxNxDxI
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear guest,

We deeply apologize you weren’t 100% satisfied with your stay. We’re very sorry you had many inconveniences regarding the noise, breakfast, and parking. We can assure you these issues are not common for us. We will address these issues quickly and assure you we will get to the bottom of these bad experiences you had. We would love if you gave us another shot. We are constantly improving and adding new amenities to enhance our guest’s experience. Thank you for addressing your issues and we hope to see you again the next time you visit South Padre Island.

Aaron R.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We just finished a 3 night stay at La Copa. I chose it because of the Trip Advisor reviews, as we wanted a budget friendly hotel with beach access. We got all of this and more. The hotel was clean and friendly. We found people cleaning all the time and the front desk staff were friendly. The room was spacious with two super comfortable queen beds and a sofa bed, which was perfect for us. The room also had a ceiling fan. We chose a room with a balcony and no view but found we had a slight view of the ocean through the buildings. I would not recommend the ocean view rooms because they are right above the pool, which was crazy busy throughout our stay (which was Sunday through Wednesday in June). The boardwalk led us right to the beach and Schliderbaun was less than a mile away. The breakfast was adequate but being a germ-a-phob, we opted to eat out after the first day. The omelette station was good but the employees were difficult to communicate with due to a language barrier. The bar downstairs was convenient and the margaritas were very good. We did rent an umbrella and chairs one day, which was well worth it. Overall, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't get an ocean view room if you want piece and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SHANNON H
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear guest,

We’re delighted you had a fantastic first time in SPI during your 3 night stay! It’s very rewarding to know we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you for complementing our staff and our hotel. We appreciate you choosing us to stay with and happy you will be back someday!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

First and foremost for the hotels age it has been upgraded well. There are improvements that still need to be made and it is a work in progress. The issues I had were that I had booked a room with a balcony and beachfront view 2 months in advance and called the hotel twice in between to confirm this was the room I would be given and told "yes" that they had me registered for the room I requested. I arrive at the hotel only to find they placed me on the first floor next to their restaurant and window facing the pool. If I wanted to hear people cheering on the FIFA soccer games or the bodies of kids and adults at the pool through my window I would have asked for this. The excuse I was given was they accidently double booked because they converted into a new computer system which I cannot believe was true since I had called in a week before my trip to confirm my reservation, but because their staff was curtious and polite I accepted the excuse. I was moved into the room I originally had booked the following morning and was even given a phone call when the room was ready. So for the inconvenience I still think they handled my issue very well and made the rest of my stay pleasant. Their continental breakfast on the fourth floor was great and the aroma of the omelettes being made along with coffee was welcoming. The few things I would like them to fix are the vending machines that were not operable and the shower in the pool area to be fixed other than that their washing machine and dryer worked very well and the atrim was a beautiful area to drink your starbucks coffee and watch some television. The pros out weighed the cons and I will definately use this hotel again. I have already advised my friends this would be a great place to stay. La Copa keep up the upgrading!!

Room Tip: Do not accept room 141 and if you reserve a balcony view and don't mind carpet ask for room 443
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dora Jean F
Hello Dora,

We truly appreciate you sharing your experience and advice! We understand how frustrating your situation can be when you have booked in advance. We sincerely apologize about the inconvenience during your first night and though we did go through some system changes, there is no excuse for this to happen. We are currently taking measures to handle these issues and the few others you mentioned in a timely fashion. Overall, we glad everything did work out in the end and happy you really enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your patronage and we can’t wait to have you back!
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed 3 nights at La Copa with my children over spring break and I found the hotel to be clean, well maintained and the staff very friendly. The pool was heated and my children enjoyed it immensely!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ameliasmama2000
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review of your visit in April. We are extremely happy you and your children enjoyed their time in South Padre Island. We appreciate you praising your stay and our hotel. We would love to have you back any time!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This was my family's first vacation, La Copa helped to make it fantastic. The lat morning were there, we reserved a room for 2014. The staff were amazingly helpful, the rooms were unbelievably clean. The whole week we were the was awesome. Cannot wait to go back.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank a2bkgmom
Dear guest,

We appreciate your review and comments! We too are very happy you had enjoyed your first family vacation here at La Copa and glad to hear our staff contributed to your fantastic stay. Thank you for choosing La Copa and we will look forward to seeing you once again.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I spent a long weekend at the Copa, and I must say at first I was not impressed, but once we learned the ropes, we really enjoyed ourselves. Let me start of by saying this is a very Family oriented Hotel (lots of children) which if you have children is great. The hotel itself is very clean and they work hard to keep it that way. They staff is very friendly and helpful and even put on a sandcastle building contest on the beach that was very fun for young and old. I guess they renovated the hotel but it is still and older hotel that has been spruced up. The rooms were good size and the a/c worked well. The fridge and the Microwave were a good touch as we used these a lot.

Location: This is the best thing about the Copa. It is right off the route 100 Bridge and has its own beach access. You can rent an umbrella and two lounges right off the walkway for $25 a day. And of course bring you own cooler to the beach filled with anything you want (can’t do this on east coast beaches). The beach was great no shells and you can go out 100 yards and it is only waist deep. At low tide, it is a perfect beach for little children.

Breakfast: They put on a nice complimentary breakfast buffet with an omelet bar on the 4th floor with a great view, which we took full advantage of.

All in all The Copa was a good hotel with a great location. I thought it was a bit pricey over the weekend but the price changes during the week, and time of year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NRGswim
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice commented review of your stay with us. We are thrilled you took a liking to our large, clean, and comfortable rooms. We are especially glad you have enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back in the near future. Thank you for choosing La Copa Beach Hotel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I have been staying for a couple of nights now.this beach front hotel is great! The reception desk is very very helpful.after checking in another family member that was with us in anot her room had a family emergency and had to check out earlier. Once explaining the situation the manager came and spoke to us and asked if there was anything she could do for us. She was very very helpful along with the other girls. The omelet station is so delicious. The beds are so great you don't even want to get up in the mornings! We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Stephanie L
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for your feedback! We take great pleasure in reading reviews like yours! We’re delighted you had a great stay enjoying your room, breakfast, and our location. It was a pleasure accommodating you and your family. Thank you for choosing the La Copa Inn Beach Hotel on SPI and we will look forward to the next time you visit the island.