“Great location for beach and fireworks!”

La Copa Inn Beach Hotel
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed July 4th weekend, great price for a beachfront hotel. Can see fireworks from the parking lot and avoid traffic. Breakfast was a joke, plan to eat out and there's no restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2014
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear guest,

We’re very pleased you loved your stay us! We’re glad you enjoyed the beautiful fireworks during your July 4th weekend stay. Thank you for sharing your experience! We would love to have you back another day!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Security in the front parking, Jose, was extremely rude as I came in to hotel, not allowing me to even check in. After calling relative to bring in parking permit, security threatened both of us to have cars towed since only one car is allowed per room. We had rented two bedroom beachfront room, with two permits allowed. Worst experience ever at SPI, instead of a security harassing me after paying booking, please put a valet even if I have to pay to greet me, low blow no class hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank dwjav
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Greetings,

Thank you for writing your review, we share our guests' comments with our staff on a regular basis. We are so sorry we didn't provide you with the best hotel experience, that is always our goal as a group. We hope you'll come back and stay with us again, so we can leave a better impression with you next time!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Do NOT stay here if you want the smallest ounce of quiet time! We came for our honeymoon and about an hour into our stay, we were really wishing we had read the recent reviews because they were right! There's constant noise every second of the day, seriously! Adults & kids shouting/screaming & running down the halls & it sounded like the people above us were rearranging their furniture every time we were in our room, even at night, and forget about the free breakfast unless you want to wait in line forever for cold food, that is, if you're able to get any food at all, because anyone can come in and out of the hotel and do since it's right off the beach and eat YOUR free food and take YOUR free parking. Yes, the hotel gives you a parking pass but they obviously don't ever check the parking lot and don't even waste your time trying to tell them about all of this because we did and it goes in one ear & out the other! Seriously the WORST hotel experience we've EVER had!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank SxAxNxDxI
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear guest,

We deeply apologize you weren’t 100% satisfied with your stay. We’re very sorry you had many inconveniences regarding the noise, breakfast, and parking. We can assure you these issues are not common for us. We will address these issues quickly and assure you we will get to the bottom of these bad experiences you had. We would love if you gave us another shot. We are constantly improving and adding new amenities to enhance our guest’s experience. Thank you for addressing your issues and we hope to see you again the next time you visit South Padre Island.

Aaron R.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We just finished a 3 night stay at La Copa. I chose it because of the Trip Advisor reviews, as we wanted a budget friendly hotel with beach access. We got all of this and more. The hotel was clean and friendly. We found people cleaning all the time and the front desk staff were friendly. The room was spacious with two super comfortable queen beds and a sofa bed, which was perfect for us. The room also had a ceiling fan. We chose a room with a balcony and no view but found we had a slight view of the ocean through the buildings. I would not recommend the ocean view rooms because they are right above the pool, which was crazy busy throughout our stay (which was Sunday through Wednesday in June). The boardwalk led us right to the beach and Schliderbaun was less than a mile away. The breakfast was adequate but being a germ-a-phob, we opted to eat out after the first day. The omelette station was good but the employees were difficult to communicate with due to a language barrier. The bar downstairs was convenient and the margaritas were very good. We did rent an umbrella and chairs one day, which was well worth it. Overall, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't get an ocean view room if you want piece and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SHANNON H
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear guest,

We’re delighted you had a fantastic first time in SPI during your 3 night stay! It’s very rewarding to know we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you for complementing our staff and our hotel. We appreciate you choosing us to stay with and happy you will be back someday!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

First and foremost for the hotels age it has been upgraded well. There are improvements that still need to be made and it is a work in progress. The issues I had were that I had booked a room with a balcony and beachfront view 2 months in advance and called the hotel twice in between to confirm this was the room I would be given and told "yes" that they had me registered for the room I requested. I arrive at the hotel only to find they placed me on the first floor next to their restaurant and window facing the pool. If I wanted to hear people cheering on the FIFA soccer games or the bodies of kids and adults at the pool through my window I would have asked for this. The excuse I was given was they accidently double booked because they converted into a new computer system which I cannot believe was true since I had called in a week before my trip to confirm my reservation, but because their staff was curtious and polite I accepted the excuse. I was moved into the room I originally had booked the following morning and was even given a phone call when the room was ready. So for the inconvenience I still think they handled my issue very well and made the rest of my stay pleasant. Their continental breakfast on the fourth floor was great and the aroma of the omelettes being made along with coffee was welcoming. The few things I would like them to fix are the vending machines that were not operable and the shower in the pool area to be fixed other than that their washing machine and dryer worked very well and the atrim was a beautiful area to drink your starbucks coffee and watch some television. The pros out weighed the cons and I will definately use this hotel again. I have already advised my friends this would be a great place to stay. La Copa keep up the upgrading!!

Room Tip: Do not accept room 141 and if you reserve a balcony view and don't mind carpet ask for room 443
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dora Jean F

Hello Dora,

We truly appreciate you sharing your experience and advice! We understand how frustrating your situation can be when you have booked in advance. We sincerely apologize about the inconvenience during your first night and though we did go through some system changes, there is no excuse for this to happen. We are currently taking measures to handle these issues and the few others you mentioned in a timely fashion. Overall, we glad everything did work out in the end and happy you really enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your patronage and we can’t wait to have you back!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed 3 nights at La Copa with my children over spring break and I found the hotel to be clean, well maintained and the staff very friendly. The pool was heated and my children enjoyed it immensely!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ameliasmama2000
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review of your visit in April. We are extremely happy you and your children enjoyed their time in South Padre Island. We appreciate you praising your stay and our hotel. We would love to have you back any time!

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This was my family's first vacation, La Copa helped to make it fantastic. The lat morning were there, we reserved a room for 2014. The staff were amazingly helpful, the rooms were unbelievably clean. The whole week we were the was awesome. Cannot wait to go back.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank a2bkgmom

Dear guest,

We appreciate your review and comments! We too are very happy you had enjoyed your first family vacation here at La Copa and glad to hear our staff contributed to your fantastic stay. Thank you for choosing La Copa and we will look forward to seeing you once again.