“Good place for a little fancier meal”

Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, View, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sea Ranch Restaurant has been serving South Padre Island visitors for over 35 years, and has established itself as the island’s premier dining destination. If you haven’t spent an evening at the Sea Ranch Restaurant, you haven’t truly experienced South Padre.Our menu is comprised of local seafood that is caught directly from the Gulf of Mexico, and it changes often based on what is in season. Every item is made with high-quality ingredients, from unbeatably fresh seafood to juicy steaks and hearty pastas. Start your meal off with our Ahi Tuna or Escargot appetizers, or try something a little spicier like our Stuffed Jalapeños. For your main course, pick from one of our countless seafood items including fresh fish, crab legs, shrimp, oysters, lobster and scallops. Our house specialty is the Red Snapper, which has become a customer favorite as well. If you aren’t in the mood for seafood, try one of our delicious grilled steak, chicken or pork dishes. We also have decadent pastas, from chicken or seafood Alfredo to Scott’s Shrimp Scampi served over angel hair pasta. No matter what you are in the mood for, we have a tasty, fresh option for you at Sea Ranch Restaurant.Seafood goes perfectly with wine, so we boast an extensive selection of wines. With over 122 choices ranging from $20 all the way to $500, we have the perfect choice to compliment your meal. If you have an event coming up, consider hosting it at the Sea Ranch. We can accommodate up to 77 people for anything from weddings and receptions to birthdays and meetings.
“Good place for a little fancier meal”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My hubby and I ate their for a nicer meal. We were placed up stairs and got to look out over the bay while we ate. The atmosphere was nice. My husband had the chicken and shrimp kabobs. My husband asked for his steak well done and it was far from it, but our waiter went above and beyond to correct it. I branched out and had the seafood enchiladas and I am glad I did. They were very good.

Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
I'm so glad you had a great experience here, Amanda, and that you and your husband enjoyed your meals. I hope you'll come in to dine with us again soon, and we'll work hard to perfect your experience and earn that final star!

All the best,

Austin, Texas
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The beef and shrimp kabobs were outstanding! The grilled veggies and rice that came with it was also very good. The coleslaw was good and unique though a touch too spicy. I didn't like the crab cake appetizer. The butter served with the bread tasted homemade. I will definitely return!

• Visited June 2014
It's wonderful to hear this great feedback, and I'm so grateful to you for coming in to give us a try and for sharing this review! I'm happy to hear that you want to come back again, and we all look forward to welcoming you. See you soon!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Encore performance not up to snuff...”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

After a wonderful dining experience at Sea Ranch in August of 2013, we had looked forward to another special occasion to mark by an encore visit. Well we decided to give it another try this past weekend. Not what we expected. To make a long review short, I will simply say, drinks overpriced and weak weak weak. Previous visit enjoyed delightful and tasty Pina Coladas...this time, not so much. A $10 Pina Colada should taste like a $10 Pina Colada.
The salads were fresh and tasty, I compliment the Caesar dressing in particular...
Soup of the Day was a tomato based seafood soup that was watery and tasteless, the same soup we enjoyed so much on our first visit. Maybe a different chef?
King Crab Cakes? If you charge $7 per crab cake...put some crab in them. Seriously.
Peel and eat shrimp? This was good, no complaints. Shrimp was fresh and easy to peel.
Our entrees included the Red Snapper filet, blackened with a rice pilaf that was quite good, though the portions were Kid Size. But the coup de gras of this dining experience was the Gulf Flounder, "cooked your way", well not my way. I asked for it pan grilled with the pecan coating, and got something that resembled frozen fish sticks...and tasted like it too. Almost 1/4" thick at the thickest part of the filet, how did they do it, with a deli slicer? AND my baked potato was cold...
Waiter was quite limited in his ability to speak english, which made it very hard to understand anything that came out of his mouth, and even harder to communicate our displeasure with our food and drinks. But got to hand it to him, he was right on time with the "suggestive sell" mentality, constantly offering this alcoholic beverage and that alcoholic beverage. After the Virgin Pina Coladas (and we didn't order "Virgin" Pina Coladas) how many times does one have to say "No!"?

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank UltraKen
Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
This is very upsetting for me to read, and I truly apologize that we didn't live up to your expectations. I don't know what happened on the evening you visited, but it certainly isn't acceptable in my book. I pride myself on the caliber of food and service here, and I assure you we can and do do much better on a regular basis. I truly hope you'll consider giving us another chance to restore our reputation with you!

Austin, Texas
“Nice Evening Out”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

food was very good and the service excellant. Little pricey for me, so that was our big night out that week.

Visited May 2014
Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
I'm so glad we were able to serve you a delicious meal, and I truly appreciate your feedback. Please join us again sometime soon!

Bob Friedman, Owner
“Beautiful atsmophere and fantastic food, with great food”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Delicious food and great service. If you want sea food the Sea Ranch is the place to go! I had the most amazing oysters I have ever had. It also displays art made by local artists and gorgeous murals and paintings.

• Visited May 2014
Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Many thanks for this wonderful review, Savannah. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope you'll be back in to see us again soon. We look forward to welcoming you!