“Great overall experience”

Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Sea Ranch Restaurant has been serving South Padre Island visitors for over 35 years, and has established itself as the island’s premier dining destination. If you haven’t spent an evening at the Sea Ranch Restaurant, you haven’t truly experienced South Padre.Our menu is comprised of local seafood that is caught directly from the Gulf of Mexico, and it changes often based on what is in season. Every item is made with high-quality ingredients, from unbeatably fresh seafood to juicy steaks and hearty pastas. Start your meal off with our Ahi Tuna or Escargot appetizers, or try something a little spicier like our Stuffed Jalapeños. For your main course, pick from one of our countless seafood items including fresh fish, crab legs, shrimp, oysters, lobster and scallops. Our house specialty is the Red Snapper, which has become a customer favorite as well. If you aren’t in the mood for seafood, try one of our delicious grilled steak, chicken or pork dishes. We also have decadent pastas, from chicken or seafood Alfredo to Scott’s Shrimp Scampi served over angel hair pasta. No matter what you are in the mood for, we have a tasty, fresh option for you at Sea Ranch Restaurant.Seafood goes perfectly with wine, so we boast an extensive selection of wines. With over 122 choices ranging from $20 all the way to $500, we have the perfect choice to compliment your meal. If you have an event coming up, consider hosting it at the Sea Ranch. We can accommodate up to 77 people for anything from weddings and receptions to birthdays and meetings.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We dined here last evening. Our waiter was friendly and attentive, the food was served promptly and was delicious. We ordered fish dishes and one filet. Our fish was fresh, sauces were tasty except that my caper sauce was a quite salty. The steak was very good. Had a great view of the water.

1  Thank atraveler246
Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed your meals and the view! Thanks for coming in and for sharing this wonderful feedback. I hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Very nice place on the water but that's where it ends. The service was slow, never could get a refill on our drinks or even order one. When they finally brought our food it was cold, everyone at the table said theirs was cold. By then we were so stressed by the whole ordeal we just paid the bill and left.

2  Thank ccrider51
Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

This is very unusual feedback for us, and I'm terribly sorry you didn't have a better experience. I'll certainly look into this, and I hope you'll consider giving us a chance to restore our reputation and deliver the five-star experience you deserve.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

we've always had great meals at Sea Ranch ... and return every summer when we visit SPI .. classic sea dishes as well some new trendy choices ...

Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thanks so much for your loyalty, and I hope we can continue to be a summertime destination for you. I truly appreciate this excellent review and your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Best,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Best fresh fish dinner we have ever eaten. A bit pricey, but we treat ourselves when on vacation. The service was outstanding and we enjoyed looking at the beautiful boats in the marina.

This is wonderful to hear, Lisa! Many thanks for the glowing feedback, and I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal here. I hope you'll come in to see us again the next time you're in the area -- we'd love to welcome you back!

All the best,

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My hubby and I ate their for a nicer meal. We were placed up stairs and got to look out over the bay while we ate. The atmosphere was nice. My husband had the chicken and shrimp kabobs. My husband asked for his steak well done and it was far from it, but our waiter went above and beyond to correct it. I branched out and had the seafood enchiladas and I am glad I did. They were very good.

I'm so glad you had a great experience here, Amanda, and that you and your husband enjoyed your meals. I hope you'll come in to dine with us again soon, and we'll work hard to perfect your experience and earn that final star!

All the best,