“Amazing Service!”
Review of Louie’s Backyard

Louie’s Backyard
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Louie's Backyard in South Padre Island, there is no such thing as a boring night. Whether you want to sit and chat with your friends, cheer on your favorite team or cut a rug till the wee hours, we've got you covered!
Austin, Texas
“Amazing Service!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My boyfriend and I visited SPI to celebrate his birthday. Louie's was our dinner destination after an afternoon at Schlitterbahn. Our waiter, Dillion suggested the a few drink specials. I chose the Blue Smurf Margarita, it was large, strong and delicious. Plus, only $5. My boyfriend had the Mai Tai and was impressed as well. We both opted for the Seafood buffet at Dillion's suggestion. It did not disappoint. There was plenty of shrimp and snow crab plus a variety of fried selections. Dillion continued to check in on us with out being over bearing. My boyfriend and I commented more than once on how helpful he was. I mentioned that it was my boyfriend's birthday to Dillion but urged him NOT to celebrate it in any way. Instead, he packed us up a piece of complimentary chocolate cake to go. It was a great experience and we would definitely go back again.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thanks for celebrating with us! I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am that you enjoyed your service from Dillon so much. He'll be just as grateful for your humbling recommendation as I am!

Until next time,

Rosenberg, Texas
“Wonderful service and delicious food!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was our first visit to the island so we relied on flyers and advertisement papers for our meal choices. Louie's was a big hit with our family. The crab legs were excellent as were the other food items. Our server, Joshua Cain, was very attentive and personable--we appreciated him very much!

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
I'll make sure Joshua sees your kudos! It's always great to hear when first-timers are impressed with us. We'd love to have you back next time you're visiting South Padre!

'Til then,
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I had the pasta diablo, awesome! So flavorful! The portion was huge so I took half of it home and had it for breakfast. Still delicious reheated!! Hubby had the sea food Buffett, and was very pleased. Topped it off with cheesecake and chocolate cake, melt in your mouth perfection! They had fireworks that night which topped off the experience wonderfully. Will be back!

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
We can't wait to have you back! Thanks for coming to see us, and thanks for following up with such a stellar recommendation afterward. We're lucky to have your support!

Until next time,
“Seafood buffet”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The seafood buffet was great! Good was fresh and want fishy like some places can be! Or server was Aubree Lynn and she was great! She was very personable! We sat on the pier and it was very relaxing. The only thing I personally didn't like was that instead of a regular buffet you couldn't serve you're own food. Nothing wrong with that just personal preference! We will definitely be back when we make another trip to padre!

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
We're all about having one of the best seafood buffets in town, so it's great to hear that you enjoyed everything. I'll definitely pass your complements on to Aubree. Next time you're in town, stop in and see us.

Best,
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Value”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a place for dinner and saw their ad "by airplane" so we gave it a try in support of their efforts. Wow, this visit turned out to become our best dinner ever! We went with the seafood buffet. The quality of food more than made up for the minimal varieties. There were roast beef, snow crabs, gulf shrimps, scallops, and fish. All were fresh and flavored as expected. Our server Olivia was very friendly and attentive. They even offer live performance show. For Tuesday, it was Polynecian dance. You could take pictures with the dancers. Besides the minimal selection of foods, everything else was beyond our expectation.

Visited June 2014
Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
It's so wonderful to hear that we were your best dinner during your vacation! Thanks for the support here on TripAdvisor. Next time you're in town, stop in and visit us.

Cheers,