“Texas Gem”
Review of Louie’s Backyard

Louie’s Backyard
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Groups, View, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Louie's Backyard in South Padre Island, there is no such thing as a boring night. Whether you want to sit and chat with your friends, cheer on your favorite team or cut a rug till the wee hours, we've got you covered!
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came to South Padre on our honeymoon and had the most amazing first day. The cherry on top was Louie's Backyard. We happened upon one of the managers, Jay, at a local hangout who made us waterside reservations on their huge boardwalk style patio. Between the reservations, the pleasant and tentative service from our waiter Cameron, the delicious all you can eat crab legs, and the most extravagant fireworks display I've ever seen, this place is a must visit if your planning a trip to South Padre! 5 stars on customer service alone.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Oh wow! I am so honored that you two kicked off your honeymoon with us, Ben. Congratulations to the both of you! I'll be sure to make sure both Jay and Cameron see how they made your experience an awesome one. Thanks for the recommendation, and we hope we'll see you again soon!

All the best,

There are newer reviews for Louie’s Backyard

Reviewed 25 July 2014

the food and margaritas was outstanding, Not to mention the view. But best of all was our service from Cameron. Thank you for making our visit to South Padre Island and our meal so memorable!

I'll make sure Cameron sees this review, Patricia -- he'll be so encouraged that he helped make your trip an awesome one! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here on TripAdvisor, and I hope you'll come back and see us again soon for margaritas and delicious food.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We went to Louie's Backyard tonight for their Prime Rib and Sea food Buffett .There was 7 in our family and everyone enjoyed the all you can eat food selection.Our server Josh J was excellent and all food was of high quality with excellent flavor.We stayed for the Thursday night fire works over the bay and was one of the best fire works I have watched. We used trip advisor to help our family select our places for our special vacation meals.This was another great pick from your top rating restaurants. Thanks ! I would recommend Louie's to anyone .You won't. Be disappointed.

Thanks for paying it forward here on TripAdvisor, Charlie! I'm glad you listened to all of our happy guests. And I'm even more ecstatic that we proved the reviews right for the seven of y'all! I appreciate your kind words on our service, atmosphere and food. Think you'll come back and see us soon? I hope so!

All the best,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were tired, hungry and dragging two boys, 5 & 7, after a day at the beach. Josh was awesome, He explained the buffet, the cost difference between it vs kid's meals, kept our glasses full, table clean and answered all of our questions about the island and upcoming events.
We went early and ate inside, the outside seating looked like fun but it was too hot at that time of day. There were several families with kids doing the same.
The buffet was really good, the boys tried all kinds of new things including crab legs! We are going back to see the fireworks and will make it a must on our next trip.

Fireworks are definitely in your future! Thanks for making time to come see us during your trip, Kelly. Glad Josh could be there to help explain all things Louie's to y'all. (He's great isn't he?!)

Come back and see us again soon, OK?

'Til next time,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We went specifically for the fireworks show that they put on every Thursday night. Place was packed when we arrived about an hour before show time. Waited in line to get seated, hostess gave us perfect seats which were outside on the patio, right on the water, centered in front of the display which was setup on the water in the harbor in front of the restaurant. Several boats pulled up full of people to watch the show as well. I have to say that this show was one of the better ones I have seen, longer than you would think and the finale was great, the view on the water made it even better. Now to the food, checked out the buffet and decided to pass on that due to how it looked, ordered a shrimp platter hoping that since I ordered it would be better quality. Shrimp were small and over cooked, served over dry rice. Very disappointing considering we are right on the gulf, expected better. Giving 4 stars because we would go back despite the food and just know what to expect. Highly recommend the fireworks show.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us overall, Tim. I just wish you were as impressed with our food as you were with the fireworks. Did you end up saying anything to your server about your disappointment? We're eager to make things right immediately, and the last thing we want is for guests like you to be displeased. The next time you come see us, be sure to speak up -- we're all ears!

I can't wait for your next visit. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Best,