“Great sunset view and attentive service”
Review of Louie’s Backyard

Louie’s Backyard
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Louie's Backyard in South Padre Island, there is no such thing as a boring night. Whether you want to sit and chat with your friends, cheer on your favorite team or cut a rug till the wee hours, we've got you covered!
Dallas, Texas
“Great sunset view and attentive service”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Seems like the buffet is the main draw..menu kind of limited. . Did not do buffet and chose Grilled Red Snapper instead which was big hit. As mentioned in other posts, entrees are about the same price as the buffet. Cameron was our waiter and was very attentive to our needs. Had great seat by the water and saw tremendous sunset. Beer is 4.25 so do with that what you will. Children's pasta was uninspiring for $7. Comes with dessert but that dessert is a watermelon slice....fyi. Overall, it was a good environment with good food and friendly, attentive staff.

• Visited August 2014
Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
I'm glad you all enjoyed both the food and the atmosphere here, and I'll make sure Cameron hears your compliments. I'm disappointed that you all weren't impressed with the children's menu, though. I'll bring your comments up with the rest of the team and see what we can do. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

All the best,

mckinney, texas
“Not a good experience”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I took my grand kids to this restaurant I had a 5 yr old who will only eat McDonalds and they would not allow her to bring it in. Their were 4 other adults in our party who would be paying to eat the buffet. We ate inside and when the hula dancers started outside we found a table outside and was told unless we ate outside we couldn't sit down! What a gimmick! Stay away from this restaurant if you have children! Rude hostess outside!

• Visited July 2014
Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
It's really disheartening to hear that you you were unhappy with your visit here. Firstly, I want to assure you that treating our customers with respect is a top priority for us. It's never okay in my eyes for any employee to be rude to a customer, and I'll bring your concerns to the attention of the staff.

As for the McDonald's, we do have to uphold our policies against bringing in outside food. Unfortunately, if we let one customer bring something in, then we would get lots more requests for the same thing. That said, we're always happy to look through the menu with you to see if there's something your granddaughter might like.

I hope this one experience won't define your opinion of us, as I would love to welcome you back and show you the stellar service we're known for.

Dan, Owner
“This place knows how to rock and roll with seafood and music on the beachside”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Abe was a great waiter! You should keep him around. Great guy, great service. Loved it! I recommend this place 100%

• Visited August 2014
Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thanks for the glowing recommendation! I'll be sure to show this review to Abe.

See you soon,
Lubbock, Texas
“Cassie was amazing! ”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We always stop at Louie's when in SPI and are never disappointed. This trip was particularly impressive thanks to the great service Cassie provided. She was friendly, informative and really connected with our family. Keep up the great work!

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Happy to hear it -- we love being a must-visit stop for you when you're in SPI! I'll be sure to let Cassie know how much of an impact she had on your visit. She'll be so encouraged! Thanks for the review.

Thanks again,
Tomball
“Absolutely the best”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I came here after a mediocre visit years ago. I can say the food and service was very much improved. The buffet was excellent. The fish was probably the best I've tasted almost anywhere. Everything was fresh and delicious. I will be back!

Visited July 2014
Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thanks for giving us another chance! I'm glad to hear we redeemed ourselves. I appreciate your kind words on our food and service, and I hope we'll see you again soon!

All the best,