“This hotel won't let you down! Give it a try!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- South Padre Island
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

All of the places on the beach were either too pricey or booked solid, so we decided to give Holiday Inn a chance once again and we weren't disappointed! We were greeted by a very courteous, professional staff. We immediately asked for a discount off the SALE PRICE and we GOT IT! We were happy to find the rooms were spacious and CLEAN! The only down-side is there is a drive to the beach and then you have to park & walk a ways to get to the beach. All in all, it was a nice trip and we'd definitely stay there again! 4.5 stars

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Nereida R

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is a very nice/well maintained property that is in a great location (on the Island) and is very close to the beach (2-3 blocks walking). However, the key factor for me when rating this property excellent is their customer service. Alma, the general manager, is superb. When a mixup in our room expectations occurred, Alma immediately addressed the issue and went out of her way to ensure that we were satisfied & enjoyed our stay. This makes all the difference! Leadership starts at the top and Alma clearly provides the leadership in having her team deliver a superior customer service experience that is apparent throughout the hotel. While all the other aspects of the hotel were very good - rooms clean, common areas well maintained/clean, pool area nice, etc. - it is my experience with Alma's customer service that would bring me back to this property.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My reservation was mixed up, but I did use Booking.com. Room was decently clean, but a bit under par from the ususual Holiday Inn Expresses I've experiened. I suppose that is due to the high traffic through this hotel. Breakfast was blah & under par comparitively speaking. The General Manager on site at the moment was pleasant & very accomodating when I discovered that lost my credit card while on vacation & let me pay for my stay by personal check. Overall I consider this a decent value given the location and the walkable beach access which was the best perk by far.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Nica R,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding your breakfast experience. We will look into this concern. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Good things first: overall clean bright hotel, nice reception area. Recognized me as club member, offered extended check out. Good hot breakfast, exceptional breakfast service crew. Free ample well lighted self parking. Overall room was good, received view to swimming pool and ocean from 4th floor, didn't request it, just got it. I paid with Amex card, maybe that means something to them, it should. 10 min walk to fairly decent beach. No jellyfish found.

Bad: saw small roach in bathroom, elevator conked out although it was fixed quickly. Constant drip in bathtub. Front desk clerks were helpful although one didn't recognize my member status when I asked for 2 pm check out, said he could only extend to 12, Jacob corrected. Train employees. Front desk people seemed tired all the time, unmotivated although generally helpful, kudos to Jacob and Josie.

I was disappointed with the large breakfast crowds, mostly from south of the border. Breakfast hours should be extended. This is the 2nd tripadvisor rated hotel and it seems to be doing well, I don't think adding an hour would hurt.

To be honest I think I will try #1 rated next time even if I have to pay more on my next SPI trip. By the way friends, most hotels on SPI below 2 rating you're asking for trouble. Even #2 had major issues. Yes, I don't expect to see roaches when I'm paying so much for a hotel room. Get on your pest control company, management. I have a zero tolerance for bugs.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelingBugman
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear TravelingBugman,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, room accommodations and breakfast service. I am sorry to hear that there were certain areas of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the bathroom maintenance and crowded breakfast space. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments are important to the success of our organization as we rely on you to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 July 2014

After a disastrous night at the local Ramada this place was like a 5 star hotel. Very clean, up to date and we were very happy to be here. You have to walk to the beach but short walk. Pool was nice and clean, nice hot tub. We don't do breakfast so I can't say how that was but it looked good.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms have a distant view of the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim G
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The employees are friendly and hotel is clean. We stayed for six days and enjoyed every minute of it. The beach is about a three minute walk from the hotel. They have a pool opened until 11:00 PM. They have an outdoor shower so you can remove the sand.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank aejemperez
Reviewed 22 July 2014

These guys saved our family after booking.com lost our reservation at another location. The front desk agent kept calm and confident while my husband and I were at each others throats from this stressful situation. He was so helpful, honest and professional. He was a fairly young guy but I can't remember his name, I know it was 3 letters. I complained about the tenants above us on our second night a cheer competition was in town practicing on our ceiling. The GM came right away and to witness the issue and took care of it immediately. She was so sweet I felt bad for saying anything. The walk to the beach was a bit inconvient but overall Holiday inn was a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from the end rooms or by a door to the stairwell. The doors slam loudly and WiFi is terrib...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family