“Enjoyed my Stay and Will Stay Again”
Review of Casa Bella Resort

Casa Bella Resort
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Tyler, Texas
“Enjoyed my Stay and Will Stay Again”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed here for a week during the off season, Feb 2012. The weekly rate was the best Ive ever had and the staff was friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I had a wonderful time and I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank CanoeClubscom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We drive into the hotel on a jam packed memorial day weekend and they're empty... That's weird, this is why. We got our room keys and headed up to the room and smack!! You are hit my a moldy wet smelling room. Hearing how bad the reviews were of the managers charging people for dirty rooms an towels( you even sign a rental agreement on this) I decided to take pictures of everything dirty or wrong with the room here's what I found... Dirty towels, only a bar of soap no toiletries ( thank god we packed our own) the lamp shades had an inch of dust and dirt on them, marker/paint/scuffs and marks all over the walls, dirty severely stained desk chair, and a spit ball on our wall... The place looks nothing like the pictures they show, there was no breakfast, far from the beach. The next two nights we stayed at suites and sunchase and it was amazing!!! A bit more expensive but very nice staff , rooms, and beds! If you see this hotel please save yourself and keep driving...

• Stayed May 2011
7 Thank Toney0107
rubenreyes, Manager at Casa Bella Resort, responded to this review, 24 June 2011
I am so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay, I have looked at the issues that you mentioned and have met with my staff, and have made sure that they have been resolved. I hope that you stay with us again so that we may show you what true guest service is all about.

Travellers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

Carlsbad, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 March 2011

We made the mistake of not booking soon enough to come down here, found a room, would have been better if we had not. The room ad no amenities except soap, threadbare towels and shampoo in a "ketchup" pack. Security is good, but it would be nice if they told you up front that the room will not be serviced during the stay except for towels.

Plan ahead and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Treytw
I am so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay, we have looked at the issues that you mentioned have retrained our staff so that no one ever has to go through this again. We will I hope that you stay with us again so that we may show you what true guest service is all about.

Bad Pyrmont, Germany
Reviewed 2 March 2011

When we arrived we were told that breakfast would be from 8 to 10 the next morning. Then we found the office was closed from about 7pm that night to 9am the next morning. Thanks to the house keeper we got breakfast at 8.50 am. The rooms are dark and not very inviting. There were no hair dryers and out of 3 rooms 1 had a coffee machine. The location is ok, not too far from the convention and birding center and one can walk to a couple of restaurants.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank dasreiseteam
I am so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay, I have looked at the issues that you mentioned and have met with my staff, we will always make sure that Breakfast is served on time, and that all our our guests are met with welcomed open arms. I hope that you stay with us again so that we may show you what true guest service is all about.

Spearfish, South Dakota
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Please stay away from this place. I booked a room at this place three weeks ahead and asked if we could cancel. They said yes as long as it was 24 hours in advance. I called to cancel 7 days before the stay and they first said I couldn't cancel and then said I would have to pay a $25 fee. Now catch this, they charged me tax on the $25 bringing it to $28. This is the biggest rip off ever. I wish I would have read the reviews before I booked this place. Please, please, stay away from this place. These people are not honest.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank walthercp
I am so sorry to see that our cancelation terms caused you such grief, I have joined Americas Best Value Inn to better suite the needs of our guests, we have new Terms in Place that I am certain you will be happy with. I hope that you stay with us again so that we may show you what true guest service is all about.

Edinburg, Texas
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Last weekend my family and I stayed at the Casa Bella in South Padre Island, TX. The room was great. Very clean, neat, air conditioner was freezing, and each room had a view of the pool and jacuzzi. We were also right on the water (bayside) and had access to a covered fishing pier which also had boat docks available. This along with very courteous service, coninnental breakfast, and a great location. We were walking distance from shops, restaurants and bars. It was a great value for the price and we will definitely stay there again! In fact I recommended it to some extended family and they also rented rooms and joined us for some fishing, so it was great.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank bsweeten
I am so happy to read that tou enjoyed your stay. We recently joined Americas Best Value Inn so that we may continue to give our guests great service at affordable prices. I hope that you stay with us again so that we may continue to show you what true guest service is all about.

Reviewed 28 July 2010

We arrived late...unbeknownst to us SPI was having their annual sand castle contest. The room was filthy ... dirty tub, the toilet had not been cleaned. The 3/4ths of toilet paper had been used...why bother.?
The mildew was overwhelming...and the AC was a welcome respite.
The most shocking and disgusting of this so called hospitable establishment is that the Managers TURN OFF the AC at 9am if you are checking out at 11am.

After arriving late, and dealing with a nasty and dirty bathroom with see through oversized hand towels that were terribly worn ...I simply wanted to sleep but was awoken by the Mugginess and dampness that choaked me ... Because the management chooses to wake people By turning off the AC.
Which is inhumane. I have an elderly parent who was so upset by their uncharitable ways.

I called the mgr to let them know that the AC was not working ...and they said we turned your AC off...because your check out is in 3 hours.

I had to beg them to keep it on again but they wouldn't saying I was up now so I should be on my way.

I explained that I arrived after 12 and was looking forward to sleeping in...and that I have an elderly parent whose health is being compromised let alone having to argue over something so trivial.

This dump has switches that turn off the power to your AC from their office. The hotel business is about hospitality there none at this embarrassment of a place.
Shisters! Fraudulent practice. Do not stay here. Beware!

• Stayed September 2010
4 Thank MX99
I am so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay. I have spoken with my staff, and have put new policies in place to make sure that this does not happen again, We recently joined Americas Best Value Inn so that we may continue to give our guests great service at affordable prices. I hope that you stay with us again so that we may continue to show you what true guest service is all about.