“Best Hotel Ever!”

Casa Bella Resort
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
“Best Hotel Ever!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

6 star hotel, Manager the best, gives you good deals, AMAZING HOTEL, the pool the hot tub the pier in the back, its a paradise, the rooms are awesome i recommend it! Staff is super friendly, they allow you to BBQ ;) people who make bad comments are incorrect, when I come from a big family of 50 and we've stayed here so many times we love it and the Texas waffles are the bomb, They have a fishing pier in the back, good for having fun with the kids, the times I've stayed here i always felt like at home, its the best i would come back again anytime,

Room Tip: I recommend the second floor rooms, they have a beautiful view to the pool and the bay :)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Erix R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I had read some of the reviews after i booked this hotel and was terrified to the point i almost canceled my revervations.....We did bring our own towels and own blankets and pillows thanks to the help of fellow reviewers. I took the pillowcase off when I got there and there were yellow stains on the pillows but we brought our own so no big deal. Other than that the location is great.There was a fishing pier right beside the pool . You can actually rent fishing poles and bailt from the office. The balcony was really cool and the pool was never full we could sit on the balcony and watch the kids swim. We rented the room for 3 days and decided we would stay an extra day and they only charged us $69.99 for the extra day. They are kind of stingy with the towels and the old school keys were kind of hard to keep up with but we managed.They do close the pool a little early but over all it was a pretty good hotel. So fear not fellow guests....Its not that bad.....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Brentni B
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!! The manager is disrespectful and a liar. Upon arriving, we realized that there were a lot of amenities that weren't included in the room like we thought would be. No coffee maker, constant beeping of a fire alarm, a sticky substance all over the floor, and a bedpost that was literally a sawed off piece of wood nailed above the bed that gave me a horrible splinter is just naming a few of the things that we found wrong with the room. The next morning, we went to the front desk to talk to the manager, and he disrespectfully said, "Uh, I've never gotten a complaint before bro." Really? Because there are quite a few one star reviews that I read about this hotel on my way down to the island. Obviously that was a complete lie, not to mention the fact that he addressed us with "bro" when we were genuinely upset. The room was $200 a night for a room that wasn't worth $100. Please do NOT waste your money here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Caroline A

Travellers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel because it was affordable, but didn't expect much more.
When I arrived I was pleased to see how beautiful the property is and how nice my room was! The blue color is very tropical and nice, the room was clean and cold and the pool was a good size!
The employees were professional and kind.
The parking lot is lit up at night so you can feel comparable parking there.

I chose to not use housekeeping because I didn't feel comfortable with having a stranger in my room while I was out.

I recommend they invest in putting "do not disturb" hang signs in the rooms so the guests can use.
I recommend getting away from conventional metal keys and using card readers instead because metal keys are not safe. Anyone could've had a copy of my key. That's an incident waiting to happen.

The breakfast was okay. Waffles, cereal, milk, orange juice, bread/bagels. That's it! Lol.
I recommend you turn on BOTH waffle makers during breakfast, if one doesn't work, take it off the counter!!!! It was majorly annoying to wait two minutes for each waffle to cook when my family was together, a time waster.

Overall though, good quality for the price!

I would go back again.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank MatieuTruth
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 May 2014

You get what you pay for.
My wife booked us at Casa Bella last minute for Memorial Day weekend. The place is a fair bargain for the price. Bring your own pillows. Pool & hot tub are clean. Kids enjoyed being able to fish from their doc.

At night they allow other guest to blast music so loud you it shakes the windows in your room.
After several request the music was turned down at 10:30pm - not turned off.
The Latin disco Tec raged for hours with the pool & hot tub being elbow to elbow.
If this is your thing, enjoy. If not, stay away!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is what we experienced

We celebrated our wedding anniversary early. So through the Trip advisor we planned our first trip to South Padre Island, Texas

When we arrived on Saturday, we checked in. The owners daughter assisted in our check out. Then her father (manager) came in. She was having computer issues. As it turned out she ended up charging twice, by accident, So the refund was made, only problem as in most refunds with hotel / motel one has to wait for a few days to clear. When my wife went to inquire, the manager suggested to call the bank and give the receipt info and the funds will be credited more quicker.

We were set to be given a room in the first floor, and asked again, since I submitted a request to have one on the second floor. He set us up on the second floor, the price was a bit more but only charged us the original amount.

We only found two issues that I informed them of, one was the drain in the tub. This was took care of very quickly, The other was the ceiling fan. It was not balanced. This one had to be looked at after we checked out. Which was understandable. At least the AC was working very good.

We stayed there on Saturday through Monday. This place has allot of business on the weekends. Of coarse the pool and jacuzzi were both crowed. but on Sunday afternoon, only one family were in the pool. So this location dose make a good income on the weekends and holidays as well.

The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was good.

Overall we were content with this place. We would recommend this place to others that we know. Thank you for making our stay a nice one. See you again soon.

Room Tip: Request for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I forgot to make a reservation where we usually stay for the weekend so when we arrived at the island we had to go by various hotels in search of vacancy. The receptionist at Casa Bella said they had only 2 rooms left (king bed with jacuzzi), one of those had a messed up fridge, but everything else in the room was good. They said we could take that room for $99 a night (as opposed to $149). We took it.

Staff service: The lady at the reception desk was very nice. We didn't need to interact with staff much, which is probably a good sign. No major issues.

Continental breakfast: Was not at all impressive. They also had a sign that said guests are not allowed to take breakfast to the rooms, but their breakfast area is tiny! They only have one table with some chairs and another cramped area with some chairs. The sign even said if they found signs of breakfast in the rooms, they would charge an extra $5 on your bill. This really upset me. They also have two small tables outside. I really didn't like that they won't let you take breakfast to the room. They did have those Texas waffles I like. :) A

Room condition: The room was alright. It was not dirty. The jacuzzi looked clean enough, but we didn't use it (I have a thing against using public pools, jacuzzies, and such...that's just me). The bed was not all that great...I could feel the springs, but not so much that I couldn't sleep. The room was comfortably large. The bed didn't have enough pillows and the pillows were flimsy.

Overall, had I paid the full price, $149, I would have been unhappy about the bed and continental breakfast. It wasn't bad, but I will only stay there again if I forget to make reservations where I usually stay.

Note: I must say it was odd that when we arrived, the receptionist lady said they were full and only had 2 rooms left, but the next morning a different receptionist mentioned they didn't have a lot of people staying there that weekend. I'm not sure what to make of that.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple