“Wow! What a Great Spot.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Padre Island
South Padre Island KOA
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at South Padre Island's KOA this weekend. They have a super clean, nifty Airstream Trailer they rent. It was nearly new and spotless. It came with everything we needed for a relaxing weekend getaway (totally furnished and equipped, down to kitchen soap, a hair dryer and morning coffees).
It was like a mini bed and breakfast experience, without the breakfast. Instead, it has a delightful new patio, picnic table, porch style table and chairs and two colorful Aderondic chairs, a great barbecue grill as well as all tools for it....and a terrific inside kitchen that had a large refrigerator( separate freezer), microwave and stovetop.
The bed was a queen, I am sure, as we has plenty of room, and the firm mattress provided us a great night's sleep. It was just the two od us, but four could stay without too much trouble.
Right on the property is a neat area with raised chairs foe viewing the bay, and maybe relaxing with a drink whipped up in the trailer. The pool was surprisingly lare. We were told it was built inside the original cistern located on the property...really neat. The shower rooms were kept in perfect condition and were modern, with pedestal sinks and tiled private showers. First class!
The property also has darling little casitas, or cottages that Re also new and available for rental. They even have a handicap unit, cozy spots for two and larger ones for groups up to eight. We had a tour, and again, everything was beautifully maintained. We could see why this is an araed winning KOA property.
The 19th Pier Restaurant, right on the property was welcoming and had delicious food, so we did not have to drive to eat out. The restaurant has air conditioned areas, outdoor, windless spots and strictly out in the breeze locations. We choose the later and watched the HUGE full moon rise. What a night...and their Key Lime Pie was good, too...Try the appetizer with raspberry chipolte sauce and spinach in cream over fried oysters. What a winning combination.
With deep sea fishing trips available on property and a marina next door, this place is great.
The managers, Stacie and Tom treated us like family- Linda, Phil and Jim, like old friends. We definitely hope we can return soon.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank clranch

Reviewed 4 May 2012

We stayed in Condo A argue KOA Campground. The rooms were great. Water pressure was good in the shower. The pool was kept clean. The hot tub was also clean and hot. We were close to everything. It is a small island any way, but we really liked being close to other activities and Pier 19 restaurant. We will definitely go again. The condo is fully equipped with washer and dryer in room, walk in closet, 2 bathrooms, great bedroom, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, dishwasher, linens, air mattress couch, 2 TV's. There is also a Commons Room. This room is available for guests. It has a pool table, big screen TV, work out area, vending machines. There is also a store right on site. I give it an "A".

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Joni M
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Our stay in the lodge was wonderful we had 5 of us in the lodge and it was very comfortable. The pool and hot tub were great, the grounds were very well kept, and the plus you have your own gril and patio to sit out on. The one complaint that i did have is that we stayed 5 nights and housekeeping never came to the room. We had to go request towels 3 times. They did bring the towels quickly, but we should not have had to go to the front desk 3 times for fresh towels. All in All we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank courtney h
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The lodges are super! I went with my family (4) and we had a great time. The pool is very clean and the hot tub was great. There is a bus ;The Wave that pass nearby the place it is free service. Good price for the first three days but Friday night double the price.

Room Tip: Just accross the Water Park.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Elideetellez
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I make reservations on line before I do I make sure there are no age requirements to check in. My son drives for 10 hours. He gets there no questions asked they Refunds his deposit and he is told "you can not say here". The boys just wanted a place to sleep and they are very responible. KOA will never get my business again!!! Been camping with KOA since early 70's.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank BHTexas
tomstacie, Manager at South Padre Island KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

For the safety and security of all of our guests (including our teenage and young adult guests), we require that at least one person occupying an RV site or cabin be 21 years of age or older. This allows for adult supervision which is especially important during the month of March when spring break comes to South Padre Island. We do indicate this requirement on our website which can be seen under campground notes during the reservation process. The supervision of teenage guests is of ultimate importance to us, especially during the time that this reviewer's son came to the island. We did direct his son to another RV park location less than one mile from our property. While we are sorry for the misunderstanding, we do not apologize for our age requirement and we will continue to do whatever we can to provide an enjoyable and safe visit for all of our guests.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

I was a bit reluctant to write this review because I do not really want the secret to get out! No one thinks of a KOA as having a fully-furnished condo but they do. I had no idea what to expect after booking a small condo with two full baths (slept 4) for less than $150. I could not find any other decent properties for under $200 once you include taxes, cleaning fees etc. I was wildly surprised when we entered our room. The tiled room (no nasty carpet) was extremely clean and cutely decorated! It had a full-sized fridge, microwave, blender, oven & dishwasher!! It even had a washer/dryer (that is not advertised on their website) in the condo. Even though I packed a lot of towels, I still needed to use them 2 times during a 4 night stay. The condo had cable, extra clean sheets, a fully stocked kitchen (the only exception was a cookie sheet, wine opener and large bowel). Our icemaker did not work but for the price I didn't mind spending 2 bucks on ice. The condo had a bar with four stools. My kids had fun eating at the bar. As mentioned the pool was great and very large. At times there were 5+ families swimming but it never felt crowded. My daughter especially loved the tether ball at the park (which was surprisingly large). We enjoyed bay fishing& watching the crabs across the road and eating at the Pier restaurant which was only a few minutes away. It was also nice to be able to have a few drinks there (good drinks!) and not have to worry about driving home. When we walked by the lodges the water was quite fish smelly so I personally would rather stay in the condo (built in an old water tank- my son thought that was cool). As you can tell, I really loved this place and hope that the word doesn't spread to quickly so that I can easily book again next summer. Oh yeah, you can walk to the beach through Schlitterbaun which is a one minute drive across the street.

Room Tip: Rent a condo!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank CharPHouston
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Stayed at South Padre koa august 2-5th 2011. We stayed in one of the lodges with our 13 and 17 year old sons. The lodges are fully equipped with all that you need for cooking.... no oven but does have a grill, stove top, microwave and full refrigerator. Clean grounds around the campsites. The office staff was very pleasent and accomodating to our needs. Nice, quiet and away from the party atmosphere that is the Padre strip. For us, with 2 teens, it was important that they not be around wild and crazy drinking behavior. Our lodge was on the bay side and the view was beauiful. We were close to the showers, pool, spa, office, laundry room and rec- room. Literally for us a 30 second walk. Our lodge came with a full bathroom but I prefered we rinse off from the beach in the public showers before entering the lodge. Floors in the lodge are laminate. With 2 asthmatics in our family this was a huge plus for us, part of the reason we chose the lodges over hotel rooms. Ours was incrediably clean upon arrival. Bunk matteresses are encased in a protective cover. Bring your own mattress pads if anyone in your party does not like the plastic sensation when sleeping. Other then that they provide all bedding. The pool was super clean, the spa not as clean. There was floating yuk on the top of the water by the evening, hair, flowers ect. checked two mornings in a row it was clean. I quess during the day things just end up in there.

Room Tip: ask for the lodge on the end by the water towers. closest to pool, spa ect.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family