“Saida 1 604”
Review of Saida I

Saida I
Reviewed 26 November 2011

KItchen cabinets and bathroom vanities in poor shape. Floors dirty and gritty. Both master bath and second bath shower handles mildewed and badly corroded. Both shower doors need replacement. Master bedroom TV is very poor and had no remote that worked. Web site said DVD player, but there was only an old VCR with no cable to hook up to -with out removing cable from wall. Air conditioner located in closet in master bedroom- made as much noise as a typical motel room unit. Location and complex ammenities great. Just need a condo that has been completely updated.

Room Tip: Look very carfully at photos. Look for recently evidence of remodeled units.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank foster v
There are newer reviews for Saida I

Reviewed 9 August 2010

We went with 3 other families, so we had four condos, 2 in Bldg I and 2 in Bldg 2. I will say, the view is nice and both of these buildings are quiet since they are furthest from the main pool. Since the condos are individually owned, each are unique. Two of our condos were updated, and two were stuck in the late 70s. One of the two units was unit 202 in Bldg I. The kitchen had been updated, however the undermount sink fell off at 3 a.m. one night. The bathrooms were original and DISGUSTING! The rest of the condo was not clean, including filthy furniture and stained, thread-bare linens for the beds. The second GROSS condo, was in Bldg II, unit 303. The kitchen and bathrooms were original. My boys wouldn't even use the second bath due the to filth and MOLDY shower grout. The kitchen was gross...original painted cabintry (which was long past needing new paint), tile countertops, and appliances. Two of the burners on the stove didn't even work. We attempted to use the toaster. When we plugged it into the outlet, it sparked and smoked! We rented both of these units on VRBO. There was only one review for unit 202 which was positive. However, the reviewer is from McAllen, TX which is where the owners are from. Conflict of interest??? There was not a review for unit 303. I also wrote reviews for both of these condos on VRBO, but the owners have blocked all reviews. These properties were waaayyyy overpriced (over $2100 for the week) for what we got. We're heading back to the Emerald Coast Florida next year!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank KimArlington_TX
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Really nice - complex has three pools & hot-tubs allows you to have privacy and enjoy many amenities. Tennis courts, shuffle bd, etc. The condo was just been remodeled, new furniture, beds, big flat screen tv, right on beach - gorgeous views from the balcony. we found it at - mypadregetaway.com

1  Thank chacody
Reviewed 28 December 2008

Let me just start off by saying...

"WHAT A VIEW!!!"

I have stayed at other units in Saida I, and Saida Royal. I think by far this unit ( Saida I apt 202) has been the best. It looks newly decorated too. It has a beautiful and tranquil wall color etc. I loved it! Even if I had to sleep on the floor, the view would make up for it. It makes you feel like you are two steps away from the beach! Which you really are close to. It is such a short walk down to the pools, hot tub, tennis court and of course the sand. We stayed for a week and it was so pleasant. Also a plus, just in case you are some one who worries, they have security that walks around the complex! Excellent for many reasons, but overall because you don't have to worry about unwanted "guest" roaming around. The security is there day and night. You also have to have a permit ( which is included when you rent) in order to enter and park... because they have a gate.

I can't say enough good things!

BEAUTIFUL VIEW
CLOSE PROX. TO BEACH AND POOL
BEAUTIFUL VIEW!!

I will definetly be back and make sure to ask for this room. I booked it threw Franke Realtors and I even think they have a website. ( but we called)

Hope this is helpful.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank In_love_with_spi
Reviewed 24 October 2008

I have stayed at the Saida I for the last 8 Octobers and we love the place. We stayed all previous years in unit 305 and this year in 505. They are always clean and well maintained. We don't ask for much after arrival so I can't speak to the service I guess....but the rooms are identical as far as I can tell. I am already bargaining for our October 2009 stay. I'm not sure where the complaints are coming from on this board. I highly recommend Saida I.

Bobby
McKinney, TX

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank K5BL
Reviewed 6 July 2007

The unit - #4803 was dirty, and out dated. The carpet in both bedrooms was disgusting. The bathroom smelled of urine. The walls and baseboards were filthy and you wouldn't want to know what was on them. We found roaches. There was hot water in only one bathroom. The towel racks were broken off in one of the bathrooms. The refrigerator had no icemaker, the brackets on the doors were broken off and you could not use the door for storage. The back of the refrigerator froze anything liquid. The refrigerator was also not cleaned when we arrived.
The pools were cloudy.Condo owners are allowed pets and one owner took their dogs in for a swim in one of the pools and did not pick up their dog's poop.
One of the elevators broke while we were there and was not fixed while we were there.
This property is managed by South Padre Island rentals. They manage many properties on the island. They were not helpful and did nothing about our complaints.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank jularm1350
Reviewed 30 November 2006

We stayed at Saida III for a week during Thanksgiving and it was a wonderful trip. It is a great location and our unit was recently remodeled with a great view of the Gulf. Be sure to bring your tennis gear as the courts are very nice. I recommend dining at Naturally's for lunch and De Luna (both bayside) for an exquisite dinner. The water was clear and cool and can't be beat for a Texas Winter.

Stayed: October 2006