“Saida 4 - Rm 301” 4 of 5 bubbles

Saida I
Round Rock, Texas
“Saida 4 - Rm 301”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

This review is for Saida Tower 4, Room 301. This room is a privately owned condo that the owner maintains and rents through Homeaway. Our family (husband, wife, 2 kids ages 2 and 5) rented this over the memorial day weekend. While we had some small issues with the room itself, the location makes this worth recommending.

The first thing to note about Saida 4 (and I believe all the other Saida towers would be the same) is that the location is excellent. Saida Towers are located right as you cross over from the mainland. The Saida facilities include several tennis courts and private pools. There is a private walkway right to the beach. The beach is cleaned daily in the morning, and was not overly crowded. Our goal is generally to spend as much time on the beach as possible, and Saida was able to deliver.

Saida is also within walking distance of several good restaurantes. I would highly recommend Gabriella's Grill and Cap'n Roy's. Both were good and had the relaxed atmosphere that I like from beach towns.

The room itself is OK. They are not well suited for small children (chairs with weels, glass tables) but this is something we have encountered before and I do not hold this as a downside. Both bedrooms (master and guest with 2 twin beds) have carpet. I usually don't trust carpet at a beach rental. There were also some minor items that should be repaired, such as a dresser with a corner missing and the guest bathroom towel rack was broken.

The kitchen was adequete, but some of the pans were difficult to cook with (I couldn't make pancakes as an example) but we ate the majority of our meals in the room and were able to easily get by any shortcomings.

Overall, a great location makes this worth visiting. If your plan is to spend as much time at the beach or at the pool as possible, this place can deliver. If you plan to spend large amounts of time in the room, there are probably cheaper and better alternatives

Room Tip: Try to get a room that looks out onto the beach. Saida 4-301 does, and it was nice to be able to wat...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank goterps10

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

Unbelievably disappointed. Filthy filthy filthy. Shower was so gross i wont step in it. Whole place stinks and not like beach stink like sewer stink. Spent $30on air ffresheners and candles and it still smells. Actually looked at another place but moving seemed daunting and would have cost $800 more. Please save yourself and money and never come here.

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank punkinbarbie

Travellers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

The only positive is that the room was available for entry on time. The bathroom was not the cleanest by far. We received confirmation the condo slept 8 and only found out it slept 6 when we prepared for bed. I'm not sure why the customer service office is open 24 hours when they cant accomodate anyone in the PM. The response is "I understand" but there is nothing that can be done. The supposed sleeper sofa is clearly marked "not a sleeper" but the condo was rented as if it were in working condition. The desk person stated I wouldn't be charged if I went in the middle of the night to pick up a fold out bed, but I have a car. I'm not supposed to be charged again for something I already paid for! I continued to find questionable fragments on the mattress. I can only hope it was not bed bugs or something worse. This has to be one of the worst vacation experiences I've ever had. Please avoid these condos!

Room Tip: Reserve a completely different hotel or rental.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank g A
Alexandria, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Terrible service. Dirty. Originally rented with Latitude 26, who rennovated the condo we were supposed to be in and it was not ready by the time of our vacation. We were sent to Island Services where we were put in condo 4705 at Saida Towers IV. Smelled horrible, dirt, grime, food, filth everywhere including crevices of kitchen table. Dirt/cob webs hanging on the chandelier over kitchen table. Food pantry was so dirty we couldn't put our food in there. Mold on dresser and in bathroom. Dirty and falling apart furniture. Globs of hair on the couch. Tubs were yellow from iron rich water. They sent a cleaning crew of 3 to clean. We had to wait outside for 3 hours for cleaning and chemical smells to dissapear. While sitting outside, other tennants let their dog pee on the 7th floor walkway and on the building rather than taking the dog to the grass. After cleaning crew left, it was still gross so we got our own cleaning supplies to clean some more. Because it was so late when all was said and done, we stayed the night. In the morning there were ants all over the kitchen counter and a cockroach on the counter. We could not stay another minute. We checked out the next morning. Despite the gross conditions and having to be out of the condo for that long, they still charged us $164.09 for the night. We tried several times to contact the mgr to no avail...he was either not in or not available. He did not bother to call us back either. Horrible experience

Room Tip: Isla Grand is great and CLEAN.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Shannon S
Madeira Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

KItchen cabinets and bathroom vanities in poor shape. Floors dirty and gritty. Both master bath and second bath shower handles mildewed and badly corroded. Both shower doors need replacement. Master bedroom TV is very poor and had no remote that worked. Web site said DVD player, but there was only an old VCR with no cable to hook up to -with out removing cable from wall. Air conditioner located in closet in master bedroom- made as much noise as a typical motel room unit. Location and complex ammenities great. Just need a condo that has been completely updated.

Room Tip: Look very carfully at photos. Look for recently evidence of remodeled units.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank foster v
Arlington, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

We went with 3 other families, so we had four condos, 2 in Bldg I and 2 in Bldg 2. I will say, the view is nice and both of these buildings are quiet since they are furthest from the main pool. Since the condos are individually owned, each are unique. Two of our condos were updated, and two were stuck in the late 70s. One of the two units was unit 202 in Bldg I. The kitchen had been updated, however the undermount sink fell off at 3 a.m. one night. The bathrooms were original and DISGUSTING! The rest of the condo was not clean, including filthy furniture and stained, thread-bare linens for the beds. The second GROSS condo, was in Bldg II, unit 303. The kitchen and bathrooms were original. My boys wouldn't even use the second bath due the to filth and MOLDY shower grout. The kitchen was gross...original painted cabintry (which was long past needing new paint), tile countertops, and appliances. Two of the burners on the stove didn't even work. We attempted to use the toaster. When we plugged it into the outlet, it sparked and smoked! We rented both of these units on VRBO. There was only one review for unit 202 which was positive. However, the reviewer is from McAllen, TX which is where the owners are from. Conflict of interest??? There was not a review for unit 303. I also wrote reviews for both of these condos on VRBO, but the owners have blocked all reviews. These properties were waaayyyy overpriced (over $2100 for the week) for what we got. We're heading back to the Emerald Coast Florida next year!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank KimArlington_TX
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

Really nice - complex has three pools & hot-tubs allows you to have privacy and enjoy many amenities. Tennis courts, shuffle bd, etc. The condo was just been remodeled, new furniture, beds, big flat screen tv, right on beach - gorgeous views from the balcony. we found it at - mypadregetaway.com

1 Thank chacody