“Great Food, slow service”
Review of The Chef House Restaurant - MOVED

The Chef House Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This place has great food, but don't go there if you're in a rush. They also have a strange setup with the bar upstairs. In our case a man came to our table to take our alcoholic beverage order, but I felt like he kind of hovered over all the tables waiting for people to order.

1  Thank TxFoodie78

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Wonderful food, great service and nice beach view. The food was presented nicely and the staff was friendly. We will definitely come back.

1  Thank Rick R
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed next door and wanted a nice breakfast before we hit the beach. The service was not good at all we sat our self and waiting for about 15 min before they even came to our table then they got our drinks bit didn't give us menu finally they brought drinks minus a coffee it took another 20 min and 5 attempts to finally bring coffee. Food portions were small for what you pay for then the ticket doesn't show what your paying for just a bunch of totals which I think we over paid. I would not recommend this place just save your time and money and visit another spot.

1  Thank Jibarra8
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I ate at the Chef House Restaurant with my family. The service was extraordinary, we felt right at home. Our waiter was awesome giving that I think we are very demanding and ask for this and then that and our waiter was totally professional and attended to your every need without attitude. The food was needless to say delicious and excited our expectations. The location itself in very nice it has a great view to the beach. The price of the food was worth every penny. I recommended this restaurant to all my family and friends.

1  Thank Deyanira R
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Had another great dinner with friends last night at Chefs House. We were so excited when they moved to the island with their same delicious menu. Six of us enjoyed appetizers, soups and main dishes very artfully presented. Our server was excellent along with the bartender. I especially enjoy getting to visit with the owners who are always there serving and preparing each dish. We have also enjoyed breakfast and lunch dishes also prepared with attention to detail. A great opportunity to try different and tasty cuisine on the Beach. The Bar upstairs has a lovely view of the Fireworks at Clayton's which we enjoyed after dinner. Easy to find, next door to Padre South at the Beach Access.

2  Thank Dlaux