We exchanged through Interval International into a 3 bedroom, 3 bath unit. Large units and baths. Clean, looked like mostly new or redone recently.
We had a nice long balcony, and an outdoor hot tub on the balcony, which we did not try out.
Only real issue is that it looks like one entire tower of the complex has never been built, and most parking is about 1/8 mile from the portions that are finished. My wife had a handicapped placard, so we were able to park very near to our room. There were only about 6 or 7 such spaces...first come, first served.
Checking in with luggage is an ordeal. They had a bellman, and he would transport you to and from your parking lot. You could park in the handicapped area (when space was available) for 30 minutes to unload and load. And would transport you to/from parking until about 10 or 11 pm.
Good beachfront location, although it was the coldest week in history, I'm told. Too cold to spend much time walking the beach.
Within driving distance of most restaurants in So. Padre Island. We went twice to Daddy's, and I could have eaten there all week. There are apparently 4 other restaurants under the same owner very close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the sea oats and sand dunes, and highlighted by the blue of the Gulf of Mexico, The Peninsula Island Resort and Spa South Padre Island, Texas is the perfect venue for a relaxing island escape. Located directly on the beach in the heart of South Padre Island's "hotel row", our upscale property opened in 2006, and combines the highest standards in construction with contemporary, tasteful design. The units are all well-appointed, and range in size from our very popular studio kitchenette units to our 3 bedroom/3 bath condominiums. With concrete walls, porcelain tile flooring, and leather furniture, our resort was designed to resist to mold, humidity and allergens all-too-often common near the sea. Our swimming pool is the largest infinity pool in South Texas, and features a convenient swim up bar. Each offers either a full kitchen or kitchenette, and everything else necessary to cook and serve a gourmet meal. If cooking is not your thing, Las Olas Restaurant Grill and Bar, located onsite, is considered by many to be one of the best restaurants on South Padre Island, and offers a variety of delicious homemade dishes available for in-room dining. All-in-all, the Peninsula is in a league of its own--offering the spacious luxury of a condominium, coupled with the service and appointments of an upper-tier resort hotel.In July 2016, we added 27 deluxe rooms, each room has high speed internet, two full size beds, sofabed, 42" TV with cable, and a minibar fridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Peninsula Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Island Resort And Spa
- Peninsula Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Peninsula South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Peninsula
- Peninsula Island Resort & Spa South Padre Island, Texas