In my opinion south Padre Island has the nicest beaches in Texas. My wife and I booked a three-day stay at the Peninsula Island Resort&Spa with Travelocity.com which offered a very attractive package. Our suite included a main bedroom with a balcony overlooking the ocean, a very nice bathroom and another room with a sleeper sofa, a dining table, a microwave oven and a small fridge. The swimming pool is large and there is bar service available where they make a "mean" pina colada. The restaurant offers an excellent menu featuring a wide variety of seafood dishes. I particularly recommend the "ceviche"
The beach is well kept and although it is not very long it lends itself to very nice walks. The only downside to our stay was that on the second day we found out that our package did not include the cleaning of our room and that if we wanted it cleaned it would cost an extra $40 a day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the sea oats and sand dunes, and highlighted by the blue of the Gulf of Mexico, The Peninsula Island Resort and Spa South Padre Island, Texas is the perfect venue for a relaxing island escape. Located directly on the beach in the heart of South Padre Island's "hotel row", our upscale property opened in 2006, and combines the highest standards in construction with contemporary, tasteful design. The units are all well-appointed, and range in size from our very popular studio kitchenette units to our 3 bedroom/3 bath condominiums. With concrete walls, porcelain tile flooring, and leather furniture, our resort was designed to resist to mold, humidity and allergens all-too-often common near the sea. Our swimming pool is the largest infinity pool in South Texas, and features a convenient swim up bar. Each offers either a full kitchen or kitchenette, and everything else necessary to cook and serve a gourmet meal. If cooking is not your thing, Las Olas Restaurant Grill and Bar, located onsite, is considered by many to be one of the best restaurants on South Padre Island, and offers a variety of delicious homemade dishes available for in-room dining. All-in-all, the Peninsula is in a league of its own--offering the spacious luxury of a condominium, coupled with the service and appointments of an upper-tier resort hotel.In July 2016, we added 27 deluxe rooms, each room has high speed internet, two full size beds, sofabed, 42" TV with cable, and a minibar fridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Peninsula Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Peninsula Island Resort And Spa
- Peninsula South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Peninsula
- Peninsula Island Resort & Spa South Padre Island, Texas