“Best Fresh Gulf Seafood on the Island...”
Review of Dirty Al's

Dirty Al's
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: About Us Dirty Al’s has been in operation since 1986 and has always provided the freshest seafood to thousands of visitors from all over the world. As a family owned and operated business, we have always taken great pride in taking care of each customer and providing them with a unique experience that they can only get from eating at Dirty Al’s. Dirty Al promises every customer that they will only be served the absolute freshest seafood caught in the wild off the Gulf of Mexico. A Father and his Sons Make a Great Team! Alfonso Salazar, better known as “Dirty Al” originally started shrimping as a young man with his father and 6 brothers. In 2003, he and his youngest son, Cameron, who graduated from Culinary School, transformed his bait stand into a restaurant where together they have been known for having “The World’s Best Fried Shrimp”! In 2005, his other two sons returned home to help grow the business. To this day, they now own 6 restaurants on beautiful South Padre Island and continue to bring only the “best” Gulf Seafood to each customer’s table.
Edmond
“Best Fresh Gulf Seafood on the Island...”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

...and there are several really good seafood restaurants on South Padre Island. We have tried most of them and Dirty Al's consistently has the best fresh shrimp, fish and oysters around. I have never tried anything there on the menu that I didn't like. Al is usually running around in his short pants taking care of business but he always takes a minute and says hi. Try as hard as I can I still can't get him to tell me what's in his secret sauce next to the ketchup bottle on every table. It goes great on the French Fries. Dirty Al's is sort of a hole in the wall but for a place that started out selling bait it has come a long ways. I wouldn't change a thing.

• Visited August 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Location”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Fun place with a decent menu but mostly fried options which became a bit much. The fried stuffed Jalapeno's were quite tasty though and full of shrimp!

Visited September 2013
Camillus, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A local favorite”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Recommended by our hotel staff, Dirty Al's served great fresh seafood in a casual,friendly and affordable setting. The blackened calamari was so good, we had to go back another night for it!

Visited September 2013
Sturgis, South Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Shrimp and Fries.”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is kind of a great place to go to eat shrimp. We had the platter of 40 shrimp and fries. They were really delicious and the fries were the crispiest and best flavored we have ever eaten. The price was really good for a restaurant right on the water. Didn't rate a 5 because the atmosphere is pretty laid back. Service was great though. We will eat there every chance we get when we go back to the island this winter.

• Visited March 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Really good seafood”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Six of us went here on Saturday night. My mom and her crew are pretty hard to please but me and my hubby just wanted some fried shrimp. I have to say all six of us had the same opinion of this place. Fantastic! We had a little of everything Gumbo, Almond fish and I had the shrimp sampler it was coconut shrimp,pecan shrimp and bacon wrapped shrimp- I had only 4 of them total because they were huge and all three flavors were delicious. I can not really say one was better than the other but the pecan shrimp was out of this world. I read the other reviews about the service and was expecting the same but the service was great. Our waitress was right there when we needed something and we did not have to wait long for our meal. All plates were out at the same time which seldom happens when there is six of you. So over all I say great food, good prices and wonderful views. I don't think you can go wrong with this place.

• Visited September 2013