“This place is a scam!”

Tiki Vacation Condominiums
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We arrived after 3:00pm check-in, the rooms were not clean..very dirty. We rented for the weekend (2 nites) and asked for towel replacement and were told they did not do that because we were only staying to nights. No maid service on the second day. Now get this, we get charged an additional $55.00 dollars for maid service at checkout.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Andy E

Reviewed 15 March 2012

I recently stayed ath the Tiki and we couldn't have have better weather. With the sun out and and private beach (or at least it seemed private), I enjoyed most of my day on the beach next to the Tiki. The staff at the Tiki were very helpful and answered any questions we had. The location is near the turtle rescue center and the bird sanctuary- a must visit for all ages. The rooms were cozy and very clean. The onsite swimming pool was also very nice. Look forward to another visit at the Tiki!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank P E
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Planning our vacation like every year for our Thanksgiving Family Reunion, I had to look into a nice place to stay and somewhere where all my family will fit....well after so much thought and consideration, my family and I decided we would give The Tiki a 2nd chance, since we stayed there last year (summer of 2010), we were not happy at all, the rooms were not nice, dirty and well you can imagine the rest......This time i was pleasently surpised-....the rooms have been upgraded, they have been cleaned thoroughly, the grounds look amazing, the staff is very friendly and helpful.....Well I came to find out, this place is under new management and I am glad, this place turned out to be one of my favorite spots and if you ask me" I would totally recommend this place to anyone at any time...Had a fabulous time, enjoyed every minute of it and the most important- my family was very happy!!!..Thank you Tiki.

Room Tip: I stayed in a 3 bedroom, and the rest of my family in one bedrooms,....small rooms are close to offi...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jacqueline R
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We stayed at the tiki July 2011, the new managment and the employees are very courtious and helpful..We had so much fun during our stay..Rooms are very clean and comfy.. Our family will definetly go again next summer..... The location is great just walking distance to the beach.. thank you Tiki

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed 3 May 2011

The rooms smell horribly. Infrastructure is old and not maintained at all.
We didn't have water for 1 1/2 days, so we had to take a shower at other friends' hotel.

Bad room service for the charge, which is offensively expensive for what one gets in return.

At check out, we asked for a discount considering the water and service problems, and the "lady" in charge said " yeah, you wish! That's what all YOU people come here for, don't ya"?

I wouldn't recommend this joint even to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank YanniHoden
Reviewed 9 May 2010

I made reservations one month in advance, made it clear i needed a condo on the ground floor because my mom is physically handicap, cant climb up and down stairs, and we are taking a pet (which they allowed). They called me 2 weeks later to tell me the condo they had for me did not allow pets if we would take a different one and i said yes as long as it was on the ground floor, they said it was. Got there the day before mothers day and after i paid for the condo in advance and i paid the balance due, they tell me our condo was on the second floor, that was not what i paid for. Because of this, i had to get a full refund which i got, but it ruined our trip because i did not have access to those funds immediately, they shouldve told me before i paid of the change. We ended up staying at a Motel 6, cause that was all i could afford. Maybe next year it will be a better Mothers Day God willing....

Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank ChrsMan
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We have stayed at the Tiki on and off for the past 29 years. Our last visit was in 1998 and we expected to have a nice quiet visit again. We were disappointed that the Tiki has gone downhill significantly. The condo used to have strict guidelines against hanging towels over the balcony rails. Strolling through the grounds to our room, we saw towels, swimsuits, and underwear hanging on the rails. We also had to wade through beer cans, empty drink cups, fast food packages, and cigarette butts. One poolside balcony had a semi full gas can sitting on it.

The rooms are old. Paint was falling off the wall and the carpet was impregnated with sand. The sliding doors did not quite close and the front door lock took and act of Congress to turn.

And then there's the noise. The pool is open until 11pm and noise of 30+ people (no joke) in the pool at once at 11pm is a bit unbearable. Good luck getting small children to sleep.

Spend you money elsewhere. The Tiki's days are over.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family