“My home away from home!”

Grapevine Cafe & Coffeehouse
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999, Grapevine Café’s original owners created a simple restaurant offering breakfast and lunch favorites from traditional Mexican and American recipes. Under new ownership since 2006, the Grapevine Café has grown considerably in concurrence with the beautiful and surrounding city of South Padre Island, Texas. In many ways, we are still that casual eatery that serves delicious, simple and affordable food. Today, our menu boasts a greater variety of choices. We have added healthier menu items that are vegetarian and gluten free. We also offer a full line of gourmet, freshly ground coffee drinks and teas from our popular espresso bar. We take great pride in serving food that is made in-house, fresh and daily from proprietary, authentic recipes.
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This was a very nice and pleasant restaurant, I enjoyed the people and the food was excellent! Dora was very nice and helpful and knowledgeable for all my needs. I love the fresh tortillas and beans in the morning with eggs! Would recommend to ANYBODY who comes to the Island a "must stop" and eat at restaurant!

2  Thank Tucson_man1965

Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

I was a little worried after seeing some of the reviews on here but we were pleasantly surprised after having breakfast here one morning! My husband had the Eggs Benedict and I had the Eggs Benedict Florentine which just adds spinach. Both were great and very affordable. Our friend's French Toast was to die for though! The coffee was very good as well. Service was great and didn't take long at all even though there were a fair amount of people in the restaurant. Guess it just depends on who you get as your server. Definitely will be back!!

1  Thank Lauren0810
Reviewed 16 May 2013

The grapevine cafe! God it was the best service & amazingly delicious lunch. They have the best waitresses. I met all of them at the moment. Sandra asked if I needed a refill, Bea asked me if I needed anything else & Dora I believe the manager asked if my meal was good. I honestly can say these waitresses are so professional and care for the service they give to the customers. I will be back grapevine. Keep up the great work & awesome personality.

2  Thank Samantha G
Reviewed 12 May 2013

My husband and I went for breakfast here this past saturday. It all seemed really good at first, our drinks were taken care of by a young man right away and he told us that our waitress would be right with us. Once the waitress (young woman around her 20s, chubby) came, she asked if we were ready and we told her yes so she took our order and out of nowhere she started flirting with my husband. At first I tried to play it off, but every time she came back to check on us, she would try and hit on my husband. Not only that, but she constantly kept screaming across the restaurant for the busers to do things for her. I found this extremely tacky and unprofessional. If she needs helps from others she could quietly go up to them and ask for help rather than yell it across the room while people are trying to enjoy a nice meal with their loved ones.The food was really good. We had eggs florentine and the crabmeat omelet, which were both to die for. Sadly,this can not make up for the poor serviced I received.

1  Thank diana m
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Service was fast and friendly!
If you want great service, ask for Chris :)
This by far is the best breakfast and lunch restaurant. Highly recommend. We've lived at the island for awhile and we finally stopped by. Thought it would be expensive, but was really budget friendly.
Had their signature enchiladas and their two egg breakfast with spinach and homemade biscuit. It was to die for.
Also we had cafe mocha and cafe latte, that was amazing as well. Always stopping by here on our way out.

1  Thank June T