“One on, one off breakfast”

Grapevine Cafe & Coffeehouse
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999, Grapevine Café’s original owners created a simple restaurant offering breakfast and lunch favorites from traditional Mexican and American recipes. Under new ownership since 2006, the Grapevine Café has grown considerably in concurrence with the beautiful and surrounding city of South Padre Island, Texas. In many ways, we are still that casual eatery that serves delicious, simple and affordable food. Today, our menu boasts a greater variety of choices. We have added healthier menu items that are vegetarian and gluten free. We also offer a full line of gourmet, freshly ground coffee drinks and teas from our popular espresso bar. We take great pride in serving food that is made in-house, fresh and daily from proprietary, authentic recipes.
Reviewed 6 June 2013

First time we went here it was a weekday. Great service, food was excellent. So we went back on a weekend. Very crowded and nowhere really good to wait. But were seated fairly quickly and the staff was running nuts keeping up.

Once seated, service was good but food just okay. Perhaps too busy to do things slowly/right? Or maybe we ordered something different that just wasn't as tasty.

I would definitely put this place on your list, but maybe pick a less busy time to visit.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

While out on my morning walk, I discovered this place to get some coffee to take back to the condo. I enjoyed it. The coffee was good, and the price was reasonable. I took back some bacon and hash browns to the others in the condo, and they enjoyed their food. I like the atmosphere and plan to visit it again for an actual meal.

1  Thank beachnerd0704
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This was a very nice and pleasant restaurant, I enjoyed the people and the food was excellent! Dora was very nice and helpful and knowledgeable for all my needs. I love the fresh tortillas and beans in the morning with eggs! Would recommend to ANYBODY who comes to the Island a "must stop" and eat at restaurant!

2  Thank Tucson_man1965
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

I was a little worried after seeing some of the reviews on here but we were pleasantly surprised after having breakfast here one morning! My husband had the Eggs Benedict and I had the Eggs Benedict Florentine which just adds spinach. Both were great and very affordable. Our friend's French Toast was to die for though! The coffee was very good as well. Service was great and didn't take long at all even though there were a fair amount of people in the restaurant. Guess it just depends on who you get as your server. Definitely will be back!!

1  Thank Lauren0810
Reviewed 16 May 2013

The grapevine cafe! God it was the best service & amazingly delicious lunch. They have the best waitresses. I met all of them at the moment. Sandra asked if I needed a refill, Bea asked me if I needed anything else & Dora I believe the manager asked if my meal was good. I honestly can say these waitresses are so professional and care for the service they give to the customers. I will be back grapevine. Keep up the great work & awesome personality.

2  Thank Samantha G