“Nice quiet place”

Grapevine Cafe & Coffeehouse
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established in 1999, Grapevine Café’s original owners created a simple restaurant offering breakfast and lunch favorites from traditional Mexican and American recipes. Under new ownership since 2006, the Grapevine Café has grown considerably in concurrence with the beautiful and surrounding city of South Padre Island, Texas. In many ways, we are still that casual eatery that serves delicious, simple and affordable food. Today, our menu boasts a greater variety of choices. We have added healthier menu items that are vegetarian and gluten free. We also offer a full line of gourmet, freshly ground coffee drinks and teas from our popular espresso bar. We take great pride in serving food that is made in-house, fresh and daily from proprietary, authentic recipes.
Mansfield, Texas
“Nice quiet place”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My wife and I stopped in and had a taco salad and a Island Burger. Food was fresh and very tasty. We will be back again for Lunch. They are open only till 2 pm. Enjoy a good lunch on SPI.

• Visited June 2013
Fatburnr, Public Relations Manager at Grapevine Cafe & Coffeehouse, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
We are glad you found and enjoyed us for lunch. However we are in fact open until 3pm for both lunch and even breakfast. You may also stop by just for coffee, espresso drinks or to cool off with one of our sensational frappes and iced coffee drinks. Stop by and try one. Definitely the islands best.

“AMAZING SERVICE -- Unexpected kindness!”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I went with two business associates who needed to meet with me outside of my business. We took up a table (but there were a few other empty ones) and had only 2 coffees and a water. The waiter, Justin, when asked for the bill cheerfully said oh that's OK, no charge.

I was surprised and told him I would be back for lunch which I did the very same day. I got the mexican plate to go. It was EXCELLENT and plenty of food. The price was really inexpensive for a resort area. Justin's little act of kindness will pay off big time. I'll be taking my staff for breakfast soon.

Thank you Justin .... and also Gino who was very nice to offer me coffee while I waited for my to go order.

1 Thank Jerianng
Sarasota
“Great food, terrible service”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We have spent two weeks in South Padre Island as we own a condo here. We have eaten at this cafe many times, but the last three visit here have been very disappointing. Our first visit was on a Sunday late morning. We must have waited for about 45 minutes or longer. The food is always good, but we had to ask for silverware, water etc. the next visit was on a Wed and there was maybe 8 tables, not busy at all. Again, we had to wait for everything. My husband asked for coffee 3 times, again no silverware and we waited and waited. I understand "Island Time", but we would like to enjoy it other than waiting here. Get some wait staff!!

2 Thank Kaywoodworth
Roseville, Minnesota
“One on, one off breakfast”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

First time we went here it was a weekday. Great service, food was excellent. So we went back on a weekend. Very crowded and nowhere really good to wait. But were seated fairly quickly and the staff was running nuts keeping up.

Once seated, service was good but food just okay. Perhaps too busy to do things slowly/right? Or maybe we ordered something different that just wasn't as tasty.

I would definitely put this place on your list, but maybe pick a less busy time to visit.

• Visited May 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Nice breakfast place.”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

While out on my morning walk, I discovered this place to get some coffee to take back to the condo. I enjoyed it. The coffee was good, and the price was reasonable. I took back some bacon and hash browns to the others in the condo, and they enjoyed their food. I like the atmosphere and plan to visit it again for an actual meal.

• Visited May 2013