“Family style breakfast”

Grapevine Cafe & Coffeehouse
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established in 1999, Grapevine Café’s original owners created a simple restaurant offering breakfast and lunch favorites from traditional Mexican and American recipes. Under new ownership since 2006, the Grapevine Café has grown considerably in concurrence with the beautiful and surrounding city of South Padre Island, Texas. In many ways, we are still that casual eatery that serves delicious, simple and affordable food. Today, our menu boasts a greater variety of choices. We have added healthier menu items that are vegetarian and gluten free. We also offer a full line of gourmet, freshly ground coffee drinks and teas from our popular espresso bar. We take great pride in serving food that is made in-house, fresh and daily from proprietary, authentic recipes.
The Woodlands, Texas
“Family style breakfast”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Came here multiple times during out stay and both food and service were outstanding !
Very good value for money.
True recommendation !

3 Thank Vahrens

austin
“Very good breakfast spot and really good mexican/american breakfast!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I had a few bad meals on the island and the day we left decided to try the Grapevine as we heard good things about the restaurant. It was terrific... I had the Mexican style eggs which were perfect and with the best homemade flour tortillas, my husbands eggs were perfectly cooked and his pancakes delicious, homemade hash browns, great cappuccino and wonderful service. I usually don't ever finish my breakfast but couldn't stop eating.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank livingood
South Padre Island, Texas, United States
“Steve B”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Breakfast was great and the service was special. I enjoy my time at this wounder restaurant. Eggs are cooked to order. Dora the manager stooped at my table to chat and the servers were friendly. They make daily visits worth while.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Steve B
Mayville, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just plain delightful.”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Ate here 5 times during my two weeks on SPI in Nov. 2013. Favorite dish was the gulf grilled shrimp 3 egg omelette with square potatoes. The shrimp is fresh from the gulf and scrumptious. The crab meat was also delicious. Each meal came with a toasty flour tortilla. They also make a great cappuccino. As a solo traveler, I sat at the counter -- the charming señorita waitresses -- like Dora -- made the visits ones I'll never forget. A heads up -- this is not a quick in and out. They make the food to order and it comes out piping out.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mitch B
Spicewood, TX
“Good coffee. Disappointing breakfast tacos.”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The tacos here were okay, but not impressive. The salsa is flavorful but not spicy enough for me.

We ordered crispy bacon. Some of it was rubbery.

Visited October 2013