“The breakfast spot to go to !!!”

Grapevine Cafe & Coffeehouse
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999, Grapevine Café’s original owners created a simple restaurant offering breakfast and lunch favorites from traditional Mexican and American recipes. Under new ownership since 2006, the Grapevine Café has grown considerably in concurrence with the beautiful and surrounding city of South Padre Island, Texas. In many ways, we are still that casual eatery that serves delicious, simple and affordable food. Today, our menu boasts a greater variety of choices. We have added healthier menu items that are vegetarian and gluten free. We also offer a full line of gourmet, freshly ground coffee drinks and teas from our popular espresso bar. We take great pride in serving food that is made in-house, fresh and daily from proprietary, authentic recipes.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I would like to stay off by saying that this was my first time to South padre and it was not my best trip but, thankfully heading home my husband and I decided to stop for a bite to eat. We drove by and saw The Grapevine Cafe decided to stop. It was busy but, we were seated purity quickly 10 minutes or so (reasonably especially with all the people) our waiter Geno he was the best so polite and full of energy. Geno explained all the choices of coffee and much more and I asked him what he would recommend he suggested the "Chilaquiles Traditional Plate" all I have to say is AMAZING !!!
Thanks Geno and The Grapevine Cafe for a great experience :*)

1  Thank Jaclynca

Reviewed 13 July 2014

It's Sunday morning and of coarse every restaurant is packed. I knew we were going to be a while. We sat up front to wait to be seated, no one said hello when we got there but that's ok they are busy. Someone finally asked how big of a party we were (it was just a friend and I) she pointed to a table where they wanted us to sit but didn't walk us to it nor took menus. Okay that's fine too. Our server that never said her name to us, came over gave us menus and asked what we wanted to drink. Sprite and water, when she brought our drinks we said we were ready to order she turned around and went to another table to give them something. She didn't ask us to hold on. She finally came back and asked our order. She wouldn't even let us finish our sentence before she walked away. Our food was taking long, it's only 2 of us but I understand I used to work as a server before and the kitchen gets backed up but it was long for only ordering breakfast. This nice guy came (BUSBOY) around about 4 times asking us if we were fine and our server was no where to found. My friend had ordered a coffee and she forgot it so we asked the guy. She brought our food and just walked away not asking if we needed anything else like seriously where were you trained? She didn't come check on us she was just so rude she kept taking other tables and couldn't even take care of us. I wanted an order to go BIG MISTAKE it too even longer, if I wouldn't have told her to just charge it to my card I would've been there another hour. Oh and I forgot to mention that when I asked for a refill (which I had to hunt her down) she brought me water instead of what I had which was sprite. Just terrible service. I cannot believe it since I read really good reviews on it. What a terrible experience!

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Good food at a great price. Gino, our waiter, has great customer service. Keep up the good work, grapevine.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Reading all of the reviews we thought this would be a great place for breakfast. The omelets we ordered we okay. My veggie omelet had no flavor. It was very disappointing. One had a coffee which was awesome. Our server never went and checked on us. And we never got an order of pancakes that we ordered. Least to say we were not satisfied

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This place is very clean and big and the food is very good. Great value and huge tortillas! Friendly staff, they were out of the carne guisada so we will have to wait to try it next time. I'm looking forward to it.

1  Thank LoveOahu09