“Weak, overpriced drinks.”

Wanna-Wanna Beach Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Hudso WI
“Weak, overpriced drinks.”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This place was pretty dumpy. We stopped for a drink mid afternoon and it felt like things were recovering from what I imagine was a big, drunk party the night before. My grapefruit and vodka seemed to be missing the vodka, although we watched it go in the cup. My husband's turbo pina colada (with an extra shot of rum) was meh and cost $9.75. This was a lot for a pre-mixed drink in a plastic cup. The view is good and, if you're a young partier who has enough disposable income for $10 drinks, you might like it. We did not.

Visited June 2014

San Antonio, Texas
“Pretty good”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

`On our recent trip to the island, we ate a couple of snacks and had a few drinks at Wanna-Wanna beach bar and grill. We ate there on our last trip to SPI and it was fine then too. I had a pina colada and it was 10 bucks which was a little steep but the food is very reasonably priced. There is plenty of seating and it leads right out to the beach. Plus, there is a little family of cats that lives by the bar and they are fun to watch! I will eat there again next time I visit!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Walk Up From The Beach And Relax”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Love this place. Right on the beach. From almost anywhere on the beach you are lounging or playing you can walk to the Wanna Wanna, a South Padre legend. Cold beer, a signature drink (The Wanna Wanna), excellent burgers, and a perfect relaxed setting right on the beach. What more could you want?

Dallas, Texas
“A little bit of Buffett”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We ate a lunch at Wanna-Wanna and I must say we had a great time. The food was excellent and the experience was well worth it. We ate over looking the beach and just envisioned a Jimmy Buffett experience. Every one we talked to that day raved about Wanna-Wanna and I must say I am now a Fan.

Visited June 2014
Fort Worth TX
“Restful after being on the beach”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The breeze through this covered, outside bar/grill was sooooo nice after being in the sun on the beach. We enjoyed some drinks. There is beer and only like 4 specialty drinks. Our friend had the one that had an 'extra shot of dark rum' and was along the lines of a pinacolada drink. He said it was the best pinacolada he had ever had. My husband and I shared a fried shrimp basket and the shrimp was delicious. We saw signs about beach chair/umbrella rental, very reasonable. Bands play some nights. It isn't very large.