“Good food but service lacking” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House

Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 154 Restaurants in Southlake
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: HWY 114
Description: Savor the freshest Stone Crab direct from our own fisheries, and our fresh-catch weekly updated seafood menu. Enjoy tender, juicy steaks grilled to perfection and over 100 fine wines and full bar.
Grapevine, Texas
“Good food but service lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I've been to Truluck's twice now and both times I was disappointed in the service. In the bar area the server had to check with someone else to answer any of our questions on drinks and in the dining room our server also seemed less knowledgeable about the menu items. The food was a solid good but not outstanding, which is what I expected for the price. The atmosphere is very nice and the location in Southlake's Town Square is great. I doubt I'll be back anytime soon.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Trophy Club, Texas
“Best of Both Worlds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

You wouldn't normally go to a seafood place for steak, but Truluck's has successfully straddled both with equally tasty results! I enjoyed one of the best filet's I've had in years in this place, paired with some delightful and perfectly prepared scallops. The only downside to this place is price. I still think it was worth it, but can't visit them often without breaking the bank.

Visited January 2014
Southlake, Texas
“Excellent service & food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Alaskan King Crab legs from dutch Harbor, or crab claws! Both excellent!

Service is very attentive and atmosphere is great.

Eaten here numerous times, this time was for our anniversary and they personalized the dessert plate with our names!

• Visited January 2014
Frisco, Texas
“First Class All The Way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My wife and I were looking for dining options in Southlake Town Center; we "had" reservations for Kobeya, but when we walked in, the place looked very unappealing, so we walked across the street to TruFire, again, the place looked unappealing. We then decided to dine at Truluck's, which was our first time dining there, and I must say, from the first class service, to the ambiance, to the terrific food, this was is now on the top of our list when it comes to fine dining! The Manager Chris, and our Waiter, Ron, were the best and made us feel like valued guests.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank BrownsteadRealEstate
“Outstanding Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Reservations are hard to come by for this place, but it is worth trying out. Cons are the staff seem a bit lackluster at the door. They seemed like deer in headlights, maybe it was due to us arriving ten minutes before time of seating (5pm). Either way that was the only con to this outing. Pros are many, the waiters were outstanding, as were the managers. The food was great and the wine selection was fantastic. First we were brought the breads which were great, fresh and edible. Then we ordered the lobster bisque which was not the best lobster bisque we had ever tried, but it was okay. My wife ordered the Miso glazed Chilean sea bass which disappeared somehow before I could turn my head. She said it was just okay but by the looks of it and the speed with which she inhaled it, it must have been outstanding. I splurged and went for the Dungeness crab ($30 a Lb. X 3 Lbs.) which was well worth the labor involved in picking it out. Then my wife and I shared the Chocolate cake that was so big we had to take half of it with us. I will definitely make reservations again for this restaurant. The dining experience was exquisite, and the ambience was good. It is a great place for any romantic date. Just try to get a time further away from their opening at 5 pm so they may be more apt to be ready for your dining experience.

• Visited February 2014