“Perfect Couple's Getaway”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Spicewood
Chanticleer Log Cabin
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Spicewood
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My husband and I rented the Chanticleer Cabin for our anniversary weekend, and it was absolutely fabulous! It was just the tiniest bit tricky to find, but that makes it feel even more like Grandma’s cabin in the woods. When we pulled up, I immediately felt all of the city melt away. We didn’t even go right in, we spent the first few minutes just sitting on the large front porch enjoying the view. The cabin itself was more than I expected. It’s not a luxury hotel, but you certainly do not go without. Be warned, it is not for the bashful. The bathroom area is also the kitchen area, but that hardly spoiled the serene feeling we had. There really isn’t a quick way to any large stores, so bring what you think you need. Although, the Mellenger’s make sure you are well taken care of. We had the pleasure of meeting L.C. but that was only because he stopped by one morning to feed the donkeys. Had we not been on the porch enjoying our camp-style breakfast and walked out to meet him at the pen, the lovely owners would have left us completely to ourselves. I HIGHLY recommend staying at the Chanticleer Cabin, just not on a weekend I want to stay again. =) I will be back for the total silence and the pitch black, star-filled nights.

Room Tip: I am only reveiwing the Chanticleer Log Cabin
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I found this great hideaway while looking for a nice place to spend our anniversary weekend. It was wondeful!!! We stayed in the Dal Nonno and had the best weekend in a long time. The setting, the cabin and the hot tub are just the right combination. We certainly recommend this getaway to all. My wife and I loved and will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for a quiet place to get away from all the hustle and bustle in your life then this is it ! My first night here of 3 nights I can say this is my all time favorite in the hill country of Texas. A great get away for one or two. The cabin is quaint and nicely decorated with amenities for a relaxing stay. I can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Dk3635
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This place was charming and very private. Everything was perfect! Clean, and attention was in every single detail! They missed nothing! The breakfast was wonderful, the bed was soft, the hot tub an added bonus! Highly reccomend! We were in the Dal Nonno, and we loved it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My husband and I stumbled upon this enchanting little place on the internet. I was a little leery because you never know what your going to get when you look up places on the interent, but this place way beyong exceeded my expectations. We went there for a relaxing and fun getaway and got more than that. The first thing that shocked me was that the cabin was sitting on approximately 25 acres (I can't remember exactly) of pristeen private country, with your own lake beach a short walking distance from the front door of the cabin. The cabin was exactly what your would expect from an 1800's cabin, witht the modern conveniences of a running water , a deep claw-foot bathtub, small kitchen with a microwave, sink, coffee maker and homeade granonal was provided, along with cereal bars, cereal, coffee, plates and all the silver ware. The bed was very comfortable and the room smelled like lavendar when we walked in. It has a balcony style front porch with seating, as well as a screened in room with a fireplace. We got to see deer, roadrunner birds, rabbits, as well as their permanet guests donkeys and chickens.

We love it and will go back every year if we can. I could go on and on about the beautiful setting and the privacy. Krause Springs was only about two miles from it and if you ever get a chance you must go see it.

I would recommend this place to anyone, especially couples, looking for a quiet, beautiful, fun get away!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank smo4142
Reviewed 19 April 2011

This log cabin is beautifully decorated, fabulous linens and perfect size for a couple. We enjoyed the poolside coffee in the morning watching deer and hummingbirds. Everything we needed was there! Including chocolate chip cookies to greet us. ! We will be returning. Thanks to LC

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cosmococo
Reviewed 9 October 2009

It's a great place to take a loved one. The Dal Nonno is secluded and has complete privacy. Wonderfully relaxing atmosphere and the attention to detail is much appreciated.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cr1113
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spicewood
Lakeway Resort and Spa
#1 of 1 in Lago Vista
Best Western Marble Falls Inn
Best Western Marble Falls Inn
#3 of 7 in Marble Falls

Been to Chanticleer Log Cabin? Share your experiences!