“Beautiful, but hard to find. Find it, it is worth it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Spicewood
Dallas, Texas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Beautiful, but hard to find. Find it, it is worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Our GPS could not locate County Road 409, on which this place is located.

Fortunately, we had directions that said SH71 to CR408 to CR409. After crossing over a half dozen cattle guards, we arrived.

Beautiful grounds, nice facilities, and a laid back atmosphere made for a comfortable visit. The owners themselves visited with us and made us feel welcome. The wines were great, although in preferred the reds to the whites; no surprise there.

We tools home a few bottles and look forward to returning.

Hard to find, but worth the search.

Visited February 2014

Tampa, Florida
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Hard to find but worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is our favorite Texas vineyard and we've been to a lot of them. A little hard to find but worth it. If you reach the end of 409 you've gone too far.

Unpretentious. Just great wine very reasonabvly priced. Nice outside spaces to sit and enjoy the quiet and the wine. Ask for the merlot. It is to die for!

Visited October 2013
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Experience Every Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I've always had great experiences at Spicewood every time I've gone there. The reds are above average, the setting is gorgeous, the cheese plate is plentiful and the people are kind and inviting. I've gone there twice when it was one hour left until closing and both times I stayed past closing because of the great conversations I've had with the staff. My brothers and I range from novice to knowledgeable concerning wine and they made us feel very welcomed. The tasting counter is a fun experience, but grabbing a $5 glass of your favorite and chilling out on their patio overlooking the vineyard is where it's at. Their $12.50 cheese plate doesn't offer any hard to find cheeses, but it features a lot of variety and a ton of cheese. It doesn't leave you thinking you paid 12 bucks for three bites of cheese, that's for sure. I feel like I've made a new friend every time I leave Spicewood because the staff enjoys what they're doing and they're more than happy to share the joy with you.

Visited October 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Won't bother making the trip out again.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Our hostess giving the tour just read the description off the menu to us, and flirted inappropriately to one of her co-workers the entire time.
The wine was boring, and I felt like I wasted my entire day.

Visited November 2012
Austin, Texas
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“A nice little surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Just off 71, passing by free range cattle is this quaint little I vineyard and tasting room. I was pleasantly surprised by these local wines. No, it's not Napa but, definitely worth a trip into the wilderness.

Visited September 2013