“Ants in the bed!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Spring
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Ants in the bed!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

Our bed was covered in Ants. I didnt notice until I was bitten. I called the front desk repeatedly, no answer. I went to the Lobby in my PJs and a housekeeper was attempting to run the front desk. No manager on site!!! Jasmine didnt know how to give me another room nor did she know how to give a refund. I contacted corporate all they said is sorry.... Dont waste your time or money at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ms_annanicole
p2sh_EXCLAMATIONMARK, Owner at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Ms AnnaNicole,

Firstly, would like to apologize again for the inconvenience caused during your stay (for both rooms and parties). We understand you have a choice and were glad you chose to stay with us for a multitude of reasons.

I am also sure you were glad to know we immediatelyt fully refunded your money (the same day that you checked out). This is the least we could have done to ensure your satisfaction.

In response to your review, I would like to take some time to explain the situation better, so we are on the same page:

1) When you stated "a housekeeper worked the front desk" - That is not true. Jasmine is a front desk agent who also handles the morning breakfast. She had just joined our team just prior to your stay. She has now been fully trained on how to handle any room changes or refunds (if the need arises).

2) When you stated "no management on-site" - The issue was reported between 1-2am. We understand that we are a 365/24/7 operation, but according to our franchise (ChoiceHotels) & powers "above my pay grade", we do not have Management onsite 24/7. Management is onsite from 5:30am - around 7pm daily. We do empower our front desk and employees to make decisions on Management's behalf, but it was unfortunate that Jasmine was so new and she did not know the correct protocols. I assure you, this has been remedied.

3) When you stated "Jasmine did not know how ot give me another room, nor the refund": - Partly correct. As stated, she was brand new and learning the ropes, I am sure you have been in a new situtation before. We apologize it took a long time to get you into a new room, but I wanted to clarify that you were given a new room at no extra charge with your money fully refunded.

4) To the largest issue "ants in my bed" - I can only accept what you tell us. We looked up teh records and noted that the same room was occupied several times that week and there were no issues. The room was also cleaned several times that week and also treated by Terminix earlier that month. We also called the Terminix representative immediately and he noted that it was unusual that there were ants on the bed. He stated that they were usually never on beds unless there was something attracting them there (food etc). However, here is what we do to ensure we have a safe, clean, hygienic environment:
- The rooms are cleaned to a high standard daily.
- The entire hotel is treated regularly, at least monthly as part of a bug prevention program
- The rooms are checked by management on a daily basis to ensure the highest quality.

Alas, as with any process, something went wrong somewhere. We attempted to rectify the issue by:
- Refunding your money
- Apologizing
- Moving you into a new room

I hope that you feel we have done enough to rectify the issue. If not, please do call me directly and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

The Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mineral Point, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

Useful tip. This place is one of the MOST conveniently located hotels/motels around. Getting to and from the airport was a breeze via a "toll road" that the helpful front desk person showed me. I think his name was Jason(?). I tried to get in again this week, but they were sold out. Must be doing something right if people keep coming back(?) Anyway, staff was very helpful, hotel was very clean and smelt great, decor was pleasant and modern and breakfast was ok, but it was included and free unlike where I have to stay this week. They are making me pay for the breakfast AND wireless. Thank you Comfort Suites, I have learnt my lesson.. I will book earlier next time.

Also, they are close to one of the wedding venues where my cousin will be getting married in October/November this year. I will be back ..(and BOOK EARLY). :-)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear Cee E,

I wanted to thank you for your review and hopefully you will return to us (before next winter!!)

Please do call us directly as soon as you know you are coming and we can hold a reservation for you. We are seeing a lot of guests return to us due to a variety of reasons.

All I can say, is GLAD TO HAVE YOU!!

Antlers, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

Good place for work. Clean rooms with decent free internet. I little tricky to get to the first time but worth it.

Stayed July 2012
Dear Cbattsr (Guest from Oklahoma)

Glad you chose to stay with us and we could welcome you to the Texas craxy highway system with 8 lanes, feeder roads and U-turns galore.

Now that you have been here once, hopefully it gets less tricky to navigate here next time. If you have suggestions on any signage that could help our guests, please let me know.

Thanks.
RCGenk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Rooms are spacious & clean. The overall facility is well taken care of. Good shower/bathroom as well. They do a decent job at breakfast, although i have to agree with other comments that it's nothing too fancy. Complementary parking, breakfast and internet are certainly pluses that pushed me to give this a 4, iso a 3.

When in the area next time around i would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RCGenk
Dear RCGenk

Thank you for visiting us at the Comfort Suites in Spring TX, Also happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and even happier that you decided to share your positive experience with other travellers.

Hope you will be back.

The Owner
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Hotel boast a good location in North Houston Area on 45.
The staff was freindly and helpful, the rooms spacious and quiet, modern flatscreen tvs with good cable access and speedy internet.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Traveller from Wisconsin,

Thank you for sharing your positive impression of our humble propoerty, We do take pride in our appearance and cleanliness. I will pass the message along to our team who works diligently to ensure your stay is comfortable.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

A nice place, nothing fancy. Breakfast a little dull.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank mlmedley
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

I have stayed at this hotel when on business at our home office in Spring. The staff has always been courteous. The room has always been very clean and the bed comfortable. I have stayed at other hotels in the area, but this one is best by far.

• Stayed May 2011