“Excellent Stay”

Comfort Suites
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Spring
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I always check reviews before I stay anywhere! This hotel had mostly good reviews so I went with it. I was in town with 4 sixteen year old girls for a concert in The Woodlands. I spent as much time as I could out of the room and in the lobby! I was able to the observe the front desk staff at work with many different guests. They were exceptional, nice, professional, accommondating. The room was clean and comfy and the breakfast was perfect. The hotel itself is easily accessible and so is the wifi. I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know traveling to the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kate K

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This hotel was NICE... A lot nicer than I expected. The room was HUGE, had a lounge type area, along with a semi-separate bedroom area. I had a microwave, and a small fridge.
VERY NICE for the price.

Only thing I had concern / issue with was the fridge was EXTREMELY HOT when we arrived. Needs to have a vent in the door or somewhere, as it seems to overheat, and therefore not keep the fridge cold.
That and the usual issue with the wall mounted AC unit not keeping the room at the same temperature, did a decent job, but the lounge was a little warmer than closer to the bed. Could be resolved with a wall mounted thermostat.

Overall I was EXTREMELY impressed with this hotel. I will be looking at Comfort Suites in a different light from now on.

Room Tip: Haven't stayed here enough to give a lot of helpful tips, but the rooms are quiet, nice, and cle...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank toballou
TexasHospitality101, Owner at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear "Toballou"

Thank you for the kind words. We try VERY hard to maintain a clean, professional and comfortable hotel. Believe me, it is hard work! :-)

Regarding the fridges, we have noticed that the fridges are starting to cause some minor issues and we have begun the process of inspecting all of them thoroughly before any guest checks in.

We will keep your two EXCELLENT suggestions in mind when it is time to update, renovate the rooms!
- Place a vent on the fridge cabinet door to allow hot air to escape
- A wall mounted thermostat for the entire room

Once again, we APPRECIATE your feedback and that is the only way we get BETTER.

Comfort Suites Management
Spring, TX

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I recently worked on a project in Spring which required me to travel two nights a week for 4 months and I stayed here for the duration of my job. The location is great. The property itself felt new even though it has been around for a few years. Any problems I had (which were few and minor) were taken care of immediately. I was even able to secure a great rate because of my regular stays. Rooms were always in great shape. Breakfast was just what you would expect, that is too say, nothing fancy, but enough quality and variety to satisfy. Thanks to Jason and his staff for making Comfort Suites my home away from home for 4 months.

I'd recommend this property to anyone and everyone needing a place to stay in the north Houston area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank simms1929
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I was spending 3 weeks visiting my son, daughter-in-law and grandson. After a week, I needed a little quiet and space, so I searched for a close, affordable hotel, preferably with a microwave and refrigerator. I reserved a suite, thinking they were the only rooms with the microwave and fridge, which I later found was wrong. I brought food with me. First, the fridge froze nearly everything, what managed to survive the freeze, later was ruined because the fridge went to hot, as it defrosted. Basically, I lost all the food I brought. When I complained to the front desk, the clerk on duty was very helpful (sorry I forget his name). He sent up assistance and credited my bill $20 for the two night stay. The room was more than spacious, which was great cause an emergency came up and my 1 yr old grandson had to spend the day with me! The room was quiet, which was very important to me. Breakfast was the basics. I will definitely return again...maybe without the food this time.

Room Tip: If you have more than 3 in the room, the suite is fantastic! It has a large king size bed, and 2 sl...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Cindy,

Thank you for your honest review! Also, thank you for making us your host hotel in Spring/Woodlands, Texas!

We definitely appreciate your feedback and have already begun the process of ensuring our fridges are thoroughly checked before ANY guest checks in to a room.

Once again, we thank you and we hope to see you soon again!

Comfort Suites Management
Spring. TX

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Good location, clean, and the staff was helpful. Very limited workout facilities but had the usual equipment. Breakfast was particularly good. Very nice lobby area. Fridge in the room was convenient for beverages.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Nothing to complain about at this place. It's very nice and has a friendly and helpful staff. I will stay here again. If you're looking for place to stay around Conroe, this is a good choice. Do not stay at the Comfort Suites in The Woodlands!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 9 October 2012

In town for a the college softball classic. Always stay at Choice Privilege Hotels, made last minute reservations because wasn't sure of what part of the city was close proximity to ballfields. Location was excellent. Room was clean with plenty of space, but the best part of this property was the staff. Miss Lynn assisted us with check-in, and she was sincerely one of the nicest people I've ever encountered. Truly a nice person. The lady that checked us out was equally as friendly, but she was busy. Would definetely stay here again if visiting the area. We chase softball and stay in several hotels throughout the year and this is one of the best Comfort Suites we have stayed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
TexasHospitality101, Owner at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear Softball Chaser,

We are glad you chose to stay with us and even happier we could satisfy your needs. We pride the team we have built and I will make sure to pass on the message to Lynn. She is a bundle of positive energy.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and for sharing your positive thoughts.

The Owner.