“Customer Service at its WORST!!!”

Cypresswood Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A 54-hole course surrounded by acres of forest for the perfect golf getaway.
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Customer Service at its WORST!!!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

After just walking off the green on #10 Tradition course at Cypresswood. One of the players behind us decided to hit with out us clearing the general playing area and I was struct in the lower spine by his golf ball. As they approached we asked several times who hit the shot with no answer. Finally Rusty Moss speaks up to claim he hit the shot. The surprising part no one in there group asked if I was ok, I proceeded to write down Rustys information. While the entire time in major pain and then my playing partner drove me back to my vehicle. Gets better, Rusty and his playing partner pass us up heading to the golf shop and met up with us in the parking lot to confront me. They bring out Rodney Burton with Cypresswood GC and all start to tell me they are not liable. Once again no one asked if I needed a ambulance, ice for my back Etc... I was so shocked with the lack of sympathy that I had a few choice words, as anyone would being treated that way. There only concern was there selfs and not my well being. At that point Rodney tells Rusty and his playing partner to come in and get rain check to come back and leaves me there standing in pain. As they walk away the cart attendant drives there cart off full of empty beers cans. You think they where making a clear decision when they decided to hit in to our group. Plus they got into there vehicles and drove home intoxicated. You would think Rodney would have had us come into the office to fill out a accident report and question me on what exactly happen, but that would require training. I know there is a assumed risk when you are on a golf course but when people decide to hit into you before you have cleared the playing area while intoxicated, that risk becomes non in-void. How's that for customer service. Will never be back and will tell 10 friends, on and on and on!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Todd S

Richwood, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Overpriced, crowded.”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Drove an hour and half to play there Sunday on recommendation of friend living nearby .Was able to get tee time friday for sunday easily. Found out why. At $61 total price,expected much more. All staff and other golfers friendly and helpful enough. Except when back ups started. Cart girl told us of open holes. Marshalls said all was good. Cart paths in much need of repair or replaced. Many places to lose ball because of high grass that you shouldn't lose a ball. Overall dissapointing. Expected much more for price. Will not play there again unless they improve greatly. Or drop the cost greatly. P.s. , friend not allowed to choose courses anymore. Lol

Visited August 2013
Houston
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Challenger in the Woods”
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Really referring to the Tradition layout here, which is one of Houston's great golf courses (the second 18 at Cypresswood is merely average). There is no part of this course that would be described as uninteresting. You can bite off as much as you can handle but you won't suffer from the forward tees. Challenging but fair, as they say. Usually in very good condition with excellent greens. No residential intrusions, which is always a big plus in my book. Reasonable green fees for a premium course. It's a bit of a hike to get to unless you're coming from the north side - use Loop 610 to Hardy Toll Road to 1960 if coming from west, central or south Houston. Worth the effort.

Visited March 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great course”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Nice Course and great layout.... will play again there

Visited December 2011
Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cypresswood Golf Club Needs Major Improvements”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Recently played Cypress Course at Cypresswood Golf Club. Heat and drought have taken heavy toll on the grass. Several brown and dead areas throughout the golf course. Will take several months to recover from all the dead areas on the golf course. Fairways had drought cracks.
No bathrooms on golf course. Snack bar and clubhouse bathrooms needed renovation. Staff not friendly.

Visited July 2011